My Newest Ride ... 2001 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe ---

Awesome!!!

2 quik ... WOW, you have the newer version intake on there too ... your engine pushes 500hp from the factory at the engine, right? ---
Yes, I believe it is the Gen3 Viper motor, 505hp at the flywheel stock before the supercharger.

Nice, those Gen 1 GTS's are dirt cheap now. Buddy of mine bought an 01 ACR with 18k miles for $28k last year.

Hey congrats!! I love that body style. Isn't '01 the best year to get? I think they still had forged internals and that was the first year they had ABS?? not sure. Either way, love em!

Peter

Cuda ... your friend must have bought at just the right time ... I havent seen a 2nd Gen GTS go for under $40k on the forums or Ebay. Still, I think thats a great price.

Peter ... the 2001 WAS the first year for ABS ... and the crank and rods are forged , but the pistons are Hyperuetic to save weight ... which is plenty for a naturally aspirated engine :) ---

Nice car, my Dad has the same one and I completely agree with you on the attention it brings. I feel like I have a 10" pecker when I drive it.
DSC07147.jpg

DSC07144.jpg