My newest acquisition.

gunslinger

I had some American Racing wheels off of my GN for sale or trade on craigslist.
I traded them for this:
686-1_zps963abb98.jpeg

S&W 686-1 Silhouette model with the adjustable front sight. Even came in the original box from 1986.
The gun looks like its only been fired a handful of times. Can't wait to add to the round count.

Nice. Reminds me of my Ruger Super Redhawk. I kind of miss that gun. Had fun shooting that gun. Have fun shooting yours.

Shot it yesterday. The single action trigger is extremely light. It might have a half pound pull. The second knuckle on my middle finger is still sore from the trigger guard hitting it every time I fired it.
It's extremely accurate, and with the 6 inch barrel, it's very controllable, but I think I'm more of an auto guy. I found a guy who might trade me a H&K USP 40 compact for it.
Either way, I'm way ahead. I was only asking $400 for the wheels and tires, and any gun I didn't have to fill out a 4473 for is a great gun.

Nice trade!! I love my 686 plus Just did some polishing on it with some mothers billet polish
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1381803302.790826.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Shot it yesterday. The single action trigger is extremely light. It might have a half pound pull. The second knuckle on my middle finger is still sore from the trigger guard hitting it every time I fired it.
It's extremely accurate, and with the 6 inch barrel, it's very controllable, but I think I'm more of an auto guy. I found a guy who might trade me a H&K USP 40 compact for it.
Either way, I'm way ahead. I was only asking $400 for the wheels and tires, and any gun I didn't have to fill out a 4473 for is a great gun.

GREAT gun. Always wanted a 686. Though, I gotta ask, what state are you in that you don't have to do a 4473 for a private purchase?

GREAT gun. Always wanted a 686. Though, I gotta ask, what state are you in that you don't have to do a 4473 for a private purchase?

New Hampshire....one of the last free states!
I'm allowed to sell my property to whomever I feel comfortable selling it to. If they have a valid state ID, a CCW, they don't creep me out, and they have cash..I'm good.

I know... :( One thing I know as well, is that you can do whatever, just don't come in my garden, or talk about taking my guns from me. Cuz we're gonna have a problem then.

Traded it off for this. :)
Rock river arms elite operator 2 with a Nikon P223 scope

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1383161250693.jpg
    1383161250693.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 92