My new ride, Saleen #08-0192

FastRegalWE2

Wish I had another Buick!
I know its not even a GM but hey

Supercharged to 465 hp 425 tq :biggrin:

The holiday season is almost upon us, and most people will spend this time with their families, friends or loved ones. But not everybody can be where they want to be, and in particular military personel. In order to salute the US army troops, Saleen is launching a limited edition American Flag model which will go on sale Decemer 25.

Saleen has built 24 units, of which 8 red, 8 white and 8 blue, with unique graphics, a 465 supercharged engine, tuned suspension and 20 inch wheels for just under USD 50,000. "We wanted to take time during the holiday season to honor the men and women that serve our country at home and abroad," said Marques McCammon, General Manager of Saleen Automotive.

Saleen initially got the idea from troops stationed in Iraq who bought themselves a Saleen Mustang in order to reward themselves.

IMG_1380.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg

Very nice looking car.Now what's the difference with yours to a Shelby?

I dont know all the differences, but I know mine has Racecraft suspension and is 35hp less than the GT500. But, supposed to be a tad faster than the GT500 because of the weight difference. I actually had gone up there to buy a GT500 but left with this since they took $12K off the sticker and its a 1 of 8 car.

I hope you don't have any warranty issues, Steve Saleen sold the company and the new owners are refusing to honour his warranty.

I hope you don't have any warranty issues, Steve Saleen sold the company and the new owners are refusing to honour his warranty.

I have a good dealership, they are covering any problems I may have. Bought 2 brand new cars from them in 2 months. :biggrin:

Bad ass ride! I have always liked the Saleen Stangs. That color scheme looks really cool, too. Great choice! :cool:

Sweet ride. Be glad to know that Steve Saleen himself is honoring warranties that his former car company won't. His new job is at SMS Supercars btw.
SMS Supercars - Steve Saleen

If you get tired of the 465hp get in touch with JDM Engineering in New Jersey. They do a lot of work on Saleen's and they drag race a few of them including the S331 truck. You can get pullies, tuning, exhaust etc. from them.
JDM Engineering

I really like Saleen's touches with this Mustang. That's one to enjoy and be proud of! Bet you still have the thoughts and urge to mod it though....;)

I added the JDM Stage 4 upgrade kit, Hurst shifter, CHE trans brace, boost and a/f gauges, BMR anti-wheel hop kit, dual spal heat exchanger fans, and a BBK off road x-pipe. I think my next step will be to mount the battery in the trunk so I can add a bigger coolant tank for the heat exchanger/intercooler