My new combo i want to put together

corymc

ok i am going to be in the process of rebuilding my engine this winter heres what im thinking give me some feedback im looking for mid 11s when im done.
this is a street car on 93/94 octane too.
.30 over diamond pistons
206 or 208 hyd roller cam with all springs and stuff
roller rockers
stock heads going to get some portwork on them and a valve job unless I run across some that are done for a decent price.:biggrin:
stock upper and lower -ported
powerplate.
not sure if i am going to do a stroker or just replace with stock spec forged crank and h beam rods.
girdle
gt6152 turbo
i have a few sets of 42.5 injectors but was leaning more towards th 60's
turbo tweak chip
3" thdp

and a trans built by Brian Hofer
and 3000-3200 stall

i am planning on getting alky when the engine is broken in and has a good tune. Any feedback or suggestions would be great

Id change the budget up to spend the most money on the heads. Thats where most of your power is going to come from and if you decide to go faster later, that's the piece of the puzzle that's the toughest to change out.

ok i am going to be in the process of rebuilding my engine this winter heres what im thinking give me some feedback im looking for mid 11s when im done.
this is a street car on 93/94 octane too.
.30 over diamond pistons
206 or 208 hyd roller cam with all springs and stuff
roller rockers
stock heads going to get some portwork on them and a valve job unless I run across some that are done for a decent price.:biggrin:
stock upper and lower -ported
powerplate.
not sure if i am going to do a stroker or just replace with stock spec forged crank and h beam rods.
girdle
gt6152 turbo
i have a few sets of 42.5 injectors but was leaning more towards th 60's
turbo tweak chip
3" thdp

and a trans built by Brian Hofer
and 3000-3200 stall

i am planning on getting alky when the engine is broken in and has a good tune. Any feedback or suggestions would be great

If mid 11's are your goal... I wouldn't touch the motor until it quits.....

Completely stock motor..... change valve springs... and injectors....maybe timing chain.... chip...downpipe....exhaust.... alky....6152 turbo........dutt neck i/c....low 11's are pretty common with thos goodies....back up to straight pump gas... you need a good front mount.....and alot of tuning to go 11's.... but with alky it is a cinch....

JayC said:
Id change the budget up to spend the most money on the heads. Thats where most of your power is going to come from and if you decide to go faster later, that's the piece of the puzzle that's the toughest to change out.

If you do go in the motor.... I agree with Jay....that is good advice.... it will be a good starting point for a 10 sec capable platform down the road.....

engine is torn down with a few spun bearings and the crank is shot so i just want to make it all right this time

engine is torn down with a few spun bearings and the crank is shot so i just want to make it all right this time

If it spun a main bearing..... you might look for another block. I am in the same boat. Mine spun #3 main... and stacked a rod bearing. I am not building that motor back.... per the advice of most of the baord members that have weighed in with their opinion. I did procure a junkyard 109 N/A block that turned out to be a Goodwrench Replacement engine with the good rolled fillet turbo crank.... for $50. This will be a fine basis for a replacement block/crank for my car. My advice is find you another block. BWeavy can sell you blocks/cranks/shortblocks etc... whatever you need..... if you don't want to go junkyard diving....

HTH

i spun rod bearings like 3 of them it looked like the crank had a lip on the edges and wore the rod bearings down on the edges. the crank looked like it was poorly machined.

Can anybody give me a hp/tq estimate on this combo?

I have that gt6152 turbo going on my blue limited when i finally get the intake finished.
My combo is
erson 214 cam, msd 50s,Julios meth,23row stretch,THDP,vigilante convertor,ported heads, 62mm throttle body,ported upper, TT chip, ported stock headers ect.
Mine should make 550 Horse per my calculator to run 10.90 at 125 with 3600 LBS. I doubt it will do it here too soon, but that is my goal in the end with that turbo.
BW

sounds like the combo I had , G6152 with 60 Hi Z ( 65 lbs for some ) ,but STROKER - torque !!! , 0.40 over and with 224 /224 roller cam /rockers ......11.01 at 129 MPH at 16 psi , G6152 it's a nice turbo , today I use BB GT6776 ....hold on to your nuts !