My limited experience with V-techs.

Yeah, those times are about right. Low 12 is what I have been told by most people. I wish I had a 1/4 mile track around here...I hate guessing.

I'll start by saying I actually think the Si's are impressive little cars. They run high 15s with a good driver and that's plenty fast for a daily driver.

Yeah, I've never seen a GN in the 12s for $1,000. Even my dad's hotair hit the 13s for $150. Whoever got the idea a Honda could hang with a GN was very ignorant. It takes about $3,000 to go as fast as a bone stock GN, put $150 in mods to the GN and the Honda has to spend another $2,000 to catch it. Sure, you could do it but why?

Here's my 2 cents

I bought three Thrahser chips for $70. One for 92 octane with anti-theft and lean cruise mode, one for max performance on 100 octane, and one for max performance on 108 octane. Paid $50 for a Jay Carter 93 street chip, too.

I also got a K&N for $60-something I think, and a Terry Houston downpipe for $400.

With the JC chip, K&N and THDP, I went 14.1@96. I had no posi, a loose timing chain, and the crack sensor was making contact with the balancer. So I was getting a lot of knock retard. the car was dead on the top end.

The crank sensor has been replaced, and although I still have some slack in the timing chain, the cam sensor has been adjusted to "compensate" for it. Now the car runs a hell of a lot better.

I also turned the boost up to 19-20 lbs.

So far, I've beaten a new Mustang GT, and new Camaro Z28, and three ricers (which weren't even close like the Mustang and camaro were). One was a V6 Accord, one was a Prelude, and one was a Civic "Type R" (at least that's what his stickers said). Most of these races where when my car was in it's 14.1-second-ET state of tune (including the race against the LS1 oddly enough). I've yet to experience a defeat in my GN, but if I do, I'll post it here along with my victories.

I had an NSX following me once. It was when my car was in it's 14.1-second-ET state of tune. He was behind me on a 2-lane, so I made a turn at the next intersection to drive over to a 4-lane road. He followed! When I get to the 4-lane, I turned right instead of left unfortunately. Going right the 4-lane merges into a 2-lane after a few feet. But going left would have been 4-lane for miles. Damn, I wish I had known that then. He followed me right, and didn't try to pass me on the short 4-lane section. After that, it was all 2-lane with nowhere to race. He eventually turned off somewhere. I've been looking for him ever since.

Aren't NSXs something like $80k? That's a lot of money to spend on a car that only runs mid-13s.

VTEC

NSX performance
Publication Date Quarter Mile Time
AutoWeek 8/26/91 (not reported)
Car & Driver 9/90 13.8 @ 102 MPH
Car & Driver 7/98 12.9 @ 110 MPH
Motor Trend 12/90 13.7 @ 103.1 MPH
Motor Trend 8/91 14.4 @ 93.3 MPH (automatic transmission)
Road & Track 8/90 14.0 @ 100.0 MPH
Sports Car International 12/90 13.47 @ 105.6 MPH

Boys, I don't think anyone here on this board can hang with this.
:rolleyes:

Here's some fun photos!

vtec- I would get on you but..............My turbo bro's are doing an excellent job of educating you.....with class and no crass........
Now if your looking for crass THAT'S WHERE I COME IN and unfortunately the thread will probably get locked.......

And as far as my losses go I always post them.............It's just that it hasn't been an issue lately (check posts):D :D

ps- get em turbro's!!!!!!!!

Hey, "Vtech".
Why do you bother getting on a turbo buick board!? Isn't there a teenybopper fart can web site for you to go to? I imangine it's a place you can see all kinds of "body kits" to make those rice grinders look even more idiotic and a place to post pics of your engine bays where it looks like "Rainbow Brite" threw up! O yea, O forgot, being born in '84 I doubt if you know who Rainbow Brite is!

As for being expensive ad on's,
I think I have less than $3000 in mods on my "Brick", only one mod was more than $500 which was the intercooler.

I didn't really bother messing with rice in my '87 Z28 back when it was completely stock running 17's.

How much $ do you have to dump into a honda to run 14's? 13's? 12's? And yes, you'd still have to have a/c and a full interior just like most everybody that runs a t/r.

I'm in LA. I'd be more than happy to race you with my old ass regal :p

But be forewarned, I don't race for charity ;)

Vtec let me enlighten you on a couple of things. #1 Your little civics and integras are made for one thing and one thing only... fuel economy... they are good handling cars like the type R, si's, S2000, and NSX, but as far as quarter mile and other accelaration tests your cars plain SUCK dollar for dollar against other cars... especially the GN's and other turbo cars including the 4cyl. turbo cars like the DSM's and the MR2's and the new WRX's to name a few... also against 5.slows and the LS1's #2 Your cars have to rev very high to make any horsepower and especially torque unlike the buicks which have a very high torque output at low rpms and a pretty good powerband compared to the vtec's which power band is very small... #3 The buicks were not built to take corners, but you can make them as popular hotrodding mag. did and for a lot cheaper then making a vtec fast in the quarter... and I know this first hand because I know a kid down here who has a turbo integra built by John Brown (someone you should have heard of) and put 17000$$ dollars in the motor to make 405whp this does not include the car and the tranny, axels, and other stuff you need... as far as the NSXs and S2000 are conserned I would much rather have a vette or supra twin turbo... much cheaper better performance... but hey you can go pick on the neons,celicas, and other econo cars and spent every last penny you make to go fast since you don't know your head from your ass!!!! :mad: :mad: Sorry for long post, but I have been waiting to unleash on a little troll like this for a while... maybe this will shut him up. :) :)

Another thing I forgot to mention to this sh*tech is traction which those frontwheel drive pos honduhs don't get at all... their 60 ft times are like 2.5's lol! Anyways my thinking is that you can make anything fast if you put enough money into it... like the fastest honduhs which have hundreds of thousands of dollars or maybe even millions invested in them... Hell I could take my grandmothers frontwheel drive chevy malibu and make it fast if I put enough $$$ into it... The way I look at this is you are better off making a fast car faster than a normal economy car fast... a lot easier and a lot less money and headaches involved... Did I also mention you don't see a Grand National on every corner of every street like the civics... I like being a little differrent and not so damn boring with following the rest of the SLOW AND THE DELERIOUS!!!! :confused: :confused: Oh yeah VTECH you need nas lol:D :D To bad you don't live in Florida I would gladly hand you your ricer ass!!!:mad: :mad:

VTECH

I am sure that there are some fast Honda's, but I havent seen any near me. As far as NSX's go I have seen a couple at the track running mid to low 14's, Is that your savior?:p

VTEC

Man, my dad's '99 camaro Z28 has F**ed up it's share of VTEC...to the extent that i'm gonna get VTEC tatooed across my @ss so y'all can see it again when i fly bye u. Dude, i'm 17, a senior in high school...i know what the small car craze is about. frankly i'd rather have my buddies driving rice burners than something with balls for the same price...they all scare me driving about 100mph on city streets. I used to haul that much @ss in my lowered silverado pickup, but i understand that it's both dangerous and becuz your under 18, can screw u very easily...i went thru 1 accident, a ticket, and a license suspension to realize i gotta slow down. I'm in the process of dealing with another ticket, but that was cuz the cop wasn't getting any from his wife i believe. anyways, i like asian cars...civic SIs, Integra GSR & type R, RSX typeS...but they will never compete with a chevy or a turbo buick....unless you go to extremes, and even then a properly prepared Turbo 6 or small block with similar preparation will still kick it's @ss as hard. its the reality. there are fast ricers...but they will never compete with a car that's built so much stronger. Just my three cents...

Guy's

This knothead hasn't posted since the 23rd of last month. He's gone:D Perhaps he went back to polishing his phat yo' dope exhaust tip.

A kid around here had a Honda civic si vtec with a Jackson racing supercharger and the other mods to compensate. Dude ran a 13 SEC and was eating all the other civics around.
IM sorry dude, but with less then a grand a gn with pee all over him. Lets face it, the SI's only have 110 lbs of torque stock. My car has almost 4 times that number. Droping $3500 dollars for a supercharger (not including the money it takes to install) as well as all the other mods to go along with it and BARLEY beating a stock GN is nothing to brag about, its more like thinking why you bought a fuel economy car and tried to make it fast.
Get rid of your ricer and get a real car.
All show, no go=civic
:D

Totaly agree with you Tom... I think this saying I heard the other day sums it up the best... IF SPEED KILLS, THE HONDA GUYS WILL LIVE FOREVER!!!! LOL.:D:D

yeah, this vtec "kid" was born in 84, he just hasnt had a chance to experience what a "real" fast car is. his friends with 80 pound wings are telling him civics are cool so he wants to fit in. there really is one way to tell if you drive a awsome car,

if i pass by, men women and children hear my exhaust, turn there head and show approval.

when a civic with a fart pipe gos by, kids hold their ears, women frown and the men point and laugh, sometimes taunting the driver. but the kids who use ebonics seem to like them, and low quality upgrades are readily available. and dont forget those stories where that 10 second crx pulled the front wheels on the street. please.

simply stated:SILLY FAGGET, CIVICS ARE FOR CHICKS!

Yeah, the Vtech guy is a fool. But, in defense of imports(of course I have to) , some don't mind spending the dollars. I know I don't. I mean if you like domestic cars, then make them fast. If you like imports, then by all means make them fast too.

Yes, it is much cheaper to make a TR a rocket than a Civic. This is a fact. But, keep in mind that everyone doesn't like TR's. Why can't people just get the car they like and do what they want to it?

Iknow that I personally could care less what ANY person drives or how much money they spent to make it fast.

To each their own, you like what you like and others like what they like.

Like someone else said, anything can be fast. I don't mind spending the money on somehting I like. To me, that's what it is all about. Having fun doing what you like.

Have fun.

Miguel

To tell you the truth it's a good thing these teeny bopper ricers don't have fast cars as they would be lying in a coffin very quickly and possabablly kill someone else... Can you imagine one of these idiots weaving in and out of traffic and slamming on the brakes in a GN:confused:!!! Hell some of them race in the rain as I have witnessed it a couple times!!! I wouldn't want them in a "real" fast car as they do a great job of messing up in the slow econo ricer ones with the huge FART TIP LOL.:) :)

v-tec pickin on neons

best leave the little mopars alone boy. i have seen my boss sweet spot a older 5.0 mustwang with his wifes neon! obtw if you want to pick on something a tad older . try my homemade 81 regal gs350. i bought it from a indian wise man from the smack-a-ricer tribe!

Originally posted by blackshoebox
To tell you the truth it's a good thing these teeny bopper ricers don't have fast cars

Dude, there are bad driver's in EVERY type of car you can possibly imagine. No flames here, just the truth.

Miguel