My Hoosier 275 drag radials...

Damn that is to soon to be wore out. With normal driving you should get about 5-7K miles out of them which not really a lot if your drive your car all of the time?

When I ran DR's all of the time going to the track once a month they would last about 6 months. I was going through 2 sets a year using the Goodyear's and Nitto's.

How many miles do you think you put on them?

I'd say normal crusin' about 5 hours a day most Saturdays and maybe 1 or 2 Sundays for 12 weekends. WELL under a thousand miles. I'd wager to say 300 miles. I don't have a lot of time to drive the car because of either impending bad weather (this car doesn't even see CLOUDS) or wifely obligations like movies & all that jazz. Or because I'm mostly UNDERNEATH it, rather that IN it lol. Either way, NOT a lot of miles on it. Of course there were a few wheels spins because of racing, but I didn't get too many races in this car when I had the radials on. I'm thinking 6 or so.

For sure not enough to be wore out that fast. That really sucks. I never have ran the Hoosiers but thought about trying them. I think I'll stick with the Nitto's or the MT's.

Now you got to figure out how to get another pair with out the wife knowing lol

I know... But she's going to find out anyhow :( I suppose it's just putting it off lol. My season's pretty much done now anyhow, and since I'm funding a trip to the UK this winter, I'm about tapped out anyhow. lol. Ahh well. I think we'll try some 28's next season and see. I couldn't get any traction this season if my life depended on it.

Yea... Just as I suspected. EVERYONE else is cuttin' freakin 1.8 60 foots with a 275 Radial T/A on the track, and I can't get a 275 super soft slick radial to keep me from going sideways on the street. So I say screw it, there's nothing I can do for now. So I come out of school and one of my tire's flat. Wore a small hole right through one of them. Ok, change em out and put my radial T/As back for the rest of the season. After a while I finally got my old MT 10.5x28 ET streets mounted just to check fitment. They're not really good tires because of their age, but I can at least check the fitment right? So in the mean time I go and look at my Radial T/A's because I'm leaning over right by them to do some cleaning. Here's what I find. Tell me your thoughts...

Would this also explain why with only 3 psi of boost while brake boosting I can break loose the baddest tires that will work on a stock rear end of a turbo Buick? I shouldn't have enough ass with my combo and the wastegate really loose to break a massive tire like this loose should I.

Attachments

• radial ta.JPG
    radial ta.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 113