My GN leans to the drivers side... Any ideas on how to fix it?

Brandon#

I've measured all four corners from the ground to the fender, and ground to the frame, and the drivers side is lower by almost 1/2" (front and rear) It is definitely noticeable... It's never been in a wreck as far as I know. Any ideas on how to fix it? Do I need to take it to a place that can check the frame?

All those BBW that ride in the back seat

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Somehow I knew there would be fat jokes after that post.

Has anyone else encountered this and found a fix? (Don't say cut back on donuts and beer, I like them way too much)

Incorrect springs?
do you have airbags in the rear?
i have seen this before in other cars and its usually spring rates not being the same even though they came in the same box.

I've measured all four corners from the ground to the fender, and ground to the frame, and the drivers side is lower by almost 1/2" (front and rear) It is definitely noticeable... It's never been in a wreck as far as I know. Any ideas on how to fix it? Do I need to take it to a place that can check the frame?

I would start by checking the springs. You could start by putting the right to the left side. Front and back. also can put it up on blocks and take measurements. I feel it could just be old springs. Summit racing sells springs with different spring pressures. That can be an easy fix. If it was me I would start by checking the springs. You should be able to do this your self and not worry about alignment getting out of place.

This is a common thing I have seen in G body cars. I have read that shortening the front sway bar end link spacer on the higher side can even things out. I have not personally tried that method.

Have you ever thought of lowering the car?

Maybe its time for a set of Eibach drop springs.

Seventeen posts and you have your answer: Your rear coil springs are worn out. You have two options: You can either replace the coil springs (preferably with variable rate springs) or you can jam an airbag in there and inflate it until it sits evenly. PM me if you want an airbag. I bought a pair but only need one for my passenger side. And can you guess why I used the airbag? It wasn't necessarily for launching purposes either.

I asked a similar question to a known Buick mechanic after installing ride tech suspension all around....

"These cars weren't made in heaven."

-Turbo Lou of Lake Forest

Thought I'd pass this little gem on. Good luck!

It's a g body issue. The rear of my 1980's Monte Carlo was uneven. Even with new springs. I put an airbag in the spring of the low side and inflated until both sides were even. The front was ok.

nobody recommend a fat girlfriend
My cargo springs did just that ,(I think)not quit that bad ,I did install new front bushing and sway bar ends and stock springs front and back, at the same time ,I dont know just what made it level out,all the spring pairs off looked good,it had just 70Kmiles