My first turbo Buick an 86 GN

TurboHungry

Just bought her about a month ago and have been doing small things here and there. Just got her polished up so I took a couple of pics.
Used this to verify I was buying a GN and not a clone WE2 with G80, yeah
IMG_2956.jpg

Finding one stock or close to stock was a requirement for me. For my GN it is a classic car and will remain stock. I'm not going for show car original NOS parts, aftermarket replacements are fine. Just want to drive the car and maybe hit some cruise ins, mainly enjoy it.
IMG_2953.jpg

Not a factory radio, out of a Cadi but as close as I could find at the local P&P. The previous owner hacked all the wiring so I got factory plugs and soldered them back in with heatshrink. I really don't listen to radios when cruising in cars like this, the sound of the engine is the sweetest music.
IMG_2952.jpg

This seat is worn and has a hole, as does the carpet and the upper door panels. Needs some interior work that will start once I have everything mechanical taken care of.
IMG_2951.jpg

Rear filler missing, body work is last.
IMG_2950.jpg

IMG_2949.jpg

IMG_2948.jpg

IMG_2947.jpg

IMG_2946.jpg

Well that is my new toy. Bought it with 127K (27K) on the odometer for $8500. It has issues like original vacumm lines I started replacing. Screws and bolts missing here and there. Just wasn't taken car of like I would have but now it is in good hands. Oh yeah, this is a T-Top car with no power seats, locks, windows, antenaa or trunk. Which I think is neat because that makes it a little bit lighter. BTW I encourage anyone to point out things you see in the pics I did not bring up. This is my first TR and I might not even now if I am missing something or it is out of place. Thanks for looking.

WELCOME...It will now drain the life out of you...a few bucks at a time!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Just have fun...thats all that matters.

Again, Welcome.
Coach:biggrin:

Tires are 215/60/15 Front and 265/50/15 rear. The rear are a nice size that seem to fit the factory wheel very well. They are the Dunlop GT Qualifier which they don't make anymore. Well one day when I'm looking for tires I will have to figure out the next best size.

I had the car for over two weeks before I noticed that 86 had a different grill than I did. Made me go out and check the build date to make sure the car was titled properly. It is an 86 but someone must have swapped it. On the car fax there were 4 owners since 1992. No accident reported though and I actually like the 87 grill better so works for me