My first new Vette (new ZO6) and lovin it

"If you don't mind me askin Clarke, what'd she set ya back?"

Seriously, I'm just curious and you don't need to let me know the final price but what kind of incentives / deals is GM offering these days?

Nice color choice BTW

"The thing is an absolute beast. It'll light the tires at 130 mph. At 190 mph it still pulling hard (that's when I chickened out) and is still increadibly stable."

I will wake up in a cold sweat tomorrow morning after that statement! That is SICK!!!!!

I will wake up in a cold sweat tomorrow morning after that statement! That is SICK!!!!![/QUOTE]

Before I give anyone a "5 coupon ride" I tell them it is faster than anything they have been in. They all say "Ya, I've been in fast cars before".
After they say "I need to go clean myself"

Thats the one!! I posted pictures of that same color zo6 and wheels when it came out. My favorite bar none. I tried to do the math and didnt like the payment, been down that road. Very nice car, i must ask how much did you steal it for? Ive seen some used ones go for cheap, but none are that color.

I would leave it 100% stock so its covered under warranty.... if you know what i mean.. visit corvetteforums.com

BW

Not sure of the color on yours
Here is mine/hers Lemons Blue 07 but not Z06
Cashmere Interior
Have to hide the fob wife loves to drive it:mad:
Sits next to MY GN:biggrin:

Attachments

• SLM TOY.jpg
    SLM TOY.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 498
  • MINT GN.jpg
    MINT GN.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 498
  • Corvette 3.jpg
    Corvette 3.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 475

congrats on your new ride. but let me suggest, trying , LG long tube headers,air cleaner & programming. If that isint enough some head work & cam & your probably right at 650 plus H.P. Throw too much power at it with forced induction & the balance of the car will be upset & all you will do is light the tires. These are road race cars. Stiff suspension short wheel base & a clutch to deal with. I had an 01 Z06 with a procharger & it was useless & wouldn't hook up till the top of third gear even with DR',s Fun at first but got old after a while. Wound up taking the blower off & doing just what I suggested & was much happier with it.

Thanks guys, I got the car for $15,200 under the sticker, and believe me I had to hunt for it due to the color (JetStream Blue). No other color was gonna do!!
This car is awsome, and I think a keeper.
Been thinking of supercharging it.
I have a chance to pick up a brand new Vortech kit for a great price.
Rolling it around, I can have it on & running in a weekend. Its good for
135hp, and still well in the safe zone.
With a set of D/R's the car can lay down a low 10 sec pass. :cool:

I have always loved these cars, but I now have a new appreciation for them. On 12/23 I took a private tour of the BG Corvette plant with my buddy Jon (Jon_WE4). He purchased a 2009 C6 Z06 in Cyber Gray, and we walked down the assembly line with it and watched the entire step by step process this past Tuesday. Its nice to know the assembly line workers still take pride in their vehicles, and quite a few of them shook Jon's hand and thanked him personally for buying the car and supporting the plant. Very Very cool. By the way, hearing the ZR1s fire up and go through the intital chassis dyno session is a treat. I can't believe how fast those things snap to life under heavy load. Seriously badass. Enjoy the cars, those of you who have the Z's... I'll be joining the pack shortly, and it will be along side at least one or two of my GNs :)

congrats on your new ride. but let me suggest, trying , LG long tube headers,air cleaner & programming. If that isint enough some head work & cam & your probably right at 650 plus H.P. Throw too much power at it with forced induction & the balance of the car will be upset & all you will do is light the tires. These are road race cars. Stiff suspension short wheel base & a clutch to deal with. I had an 01 Z06 with a procharger & it was useless & wouldn't hook up till the top of third gear even with DR',s Fun at first but got old after a while. Wound up taking the blower off & doing just what I suggested & was much happier with it.

Mine made 483hp at the RW with just a tune and LG longtube headers

Mine made 483hp at the RW with just a tune and LG longtube headers
Since you own a Z06 would you agree with what I'm saying about the chassis"s ability to hook up & effectively use 150 more H.P that a supercharger would produce. Maybe that's why you see so many supercharged & extremely modified cars are for sale on corvette forum & elsewhere. I know cause I once owned one. These cars simply were not designed for that type of use or have I gotten too old & conservative.So if you want something cheaper to beat up on & drag race on Saturdays Buick is the choice there. Corvette is just a nice Sunday car.

OP I'm in awe of that car... BEAUTIFUL color. Now If I could convince you to sell me the wheels when/if you upgrade them for my thirdgen you'd make my xmas list next year lol.

Since you own a Z06 would you agree with what I'm saying about the chassis"s ability to hook up & effectively use 150 more H.P that a supercharger would produce. Maybe that's why you see so many supercharged & extremely modified cars are for sale on corvette forum & elsewhere. I know cause I once owned one. These cars simply were not designed for that type of use or have I gotten too old & conservative.So if you want something cheaper to beat up on & drag race on Saturdays Buick is the choice there. Corvette is just a nice Sunday car.

The car definitely is a hand full to drag race. As you suggest, the car is severely traction limited. Good throttle control well into 3rd gear is essential if are on the street. On the track careful use of the throttle is key during 1st gear and the 1-2 shift. I can't imagine that an extra 150 HP would serve much use in an eighth mile pass but it should show well in the quarter on a prepared track with drag radials.

There are some guys that have gone into the 10's on stock tires and a completely stock car with no tuning. I have no doubt that the car is capable of 10 second passes but it takes an "exceptional" driver.

As for being a nice sunday car, I'm sure there are several mustangs and at least one Viper that wish I only brought the Z out on Sundays.

The car definitely is a hand full to drag race. As you suggest, the car is severely traction limited. Good throttle control well into 3rd gear is essential if are on the street. On the track careful use of the throttle is key during 1st gear and the 1-2 shift. I can't imagine that an extra 150 HP would serve much use in an eighth mile pass but it should show well in the quarter on a prepared track with drag radials.

There are some guys that have gone into the 10's on stock tires and a completely stock car with no tuning. I have no doubt that the car is capable of 10 second passes but it takes an "exceptional" driver.

As for being a nice sunday car, I'm sure there are several mustangs and at least one Viper that wish I only brought the Z out on Sundays.
I don't doubt that at all, My opinion is based on experience with a C-4 Z06, I also feel that the car would be quicker with an auto.Especially if you modded it. I agree with the exceptional driver bit, Perhaps I came up a little short with that. The gear spread was very close & revs came up faster than I could pull the stick. I would like to drive a late Z06 to see if it shifts any different. Just afraid I would wind up taking it home.

I don't doubt that at all, My opinion is based on experience with a C-4 Z06, I also feel that the car would be quicker with an auto.Especially if you modded it. I agree with the exceptional driver bit, Perhaps I came up a little short with that. The gear spread was very close & revs came up faster than I could pull the stick. I would like to drive a late Z06 to see if it shifts any different. Just afraid I would wind up taking it home.

I owned an 04 Z06 and kept it for several months after I got the 06 Z. The "gear spread" on the 06 seems wider due to the higher RPM limits. And, I agree, an automatic or a sequential manual would make it a much faster drag racer. A sequential manual would also make for a better track car but it probably wouldn't be half as much fun.