My first Glock

Dreamn4GN

As some people know I was on the search for some pistols for me and my gf. Ended up buying a Ruger Mark III for some plinking and everyone to shoot. I had one permit left and I wanted so many different guns. From a .357revolver to M&P, Ruger SR models, Beretta's. And I came to the decision was gonna go with the M&P , But which model 9mm or .40? After looking around at local shops,It would have been total over 6 bills. I would have ordered online and ship to FFL. But every dealer within 50 miles wants to charge 40-50 bucks. Just was not in the budget after all said and done. Found out a friend of a friend, who was selling a Glock 23 Gen3. In mint conditon,not even 250 rds threw the gun. Came with 4 mags, case, lock and two holsters. picked it up for 400 bucks. No tax, no backround check, no transfer fee( I called and confirmed with the State Police Chief) just to be sure bc it sounded to good to be tru. I could not pass it up.
Looking at doing a 3.5 trigger mod and a SS guid rod. Maybe some night sights in the future. Cant wait to take it to the range... Thanks for all the help and info guys... appreciate it

I love my Glocks!:D
I have the laser-sights that replace the guide rod in both my 17 (duty weapon)) & my 26 (casual carry)
You will be very pleased with it, I'm sure!
Excellent deal as well!
I'm looking at a set of sights that are tritium/ fiber-optic works in both no-light & low-light apps
sights are "ported" on the top surface to allow ambient light to enhance the tritium inserts (can't recall the brand name:confused:)
Congrats & happy shooting!
Do_O

very reliable firearm, I am a Armed Contract Guard for Federal Protective Services, they issue us glock-17's
it's not my H&K but it gets the job done very well. good purchase, now go out there and get well aquainted with it.
your life may one day be in your hands and the only difference between you 2 might be the training and time on the range
you put in. have fun :)

I love my Glocks!:D
I have the laser-sights that replace the guide rod in both my 17 (duty weapon)) & my 26 (casual carry)
You will be very pleased with it, I'm sure!
Excellent deal as well!
I'm looking at a set of sights that are tritium/ fiber-optic works in both no-light & low-light apps
sights are "ported" on the top surface to allow ambient light to enhance the tritium inserts (can't recall the brand name:confused:)
Congrats & happy shooting!
Do_O
Yea I saw that guide rod laser, Thats pretty sweet.. Also thinking about getting a lown wolf or hogue grip on there bc of imfamous grooves arn't that comfortable, SPecially on my middle finger, Bottome two are fine. I also plan on getting a 40-9 conversion barrell as well and ofcours some g19 mags

As some people know I was on the search for some pistols for me and my gf. Ended up buying a Ruger Mark III for some plinking and everyone to shoot. I had one permit left and I wanted so many different guns. From a .357revolver to M&P, Ruger SR models, Beretta's. And I came to the decision was gonna go with the M&P , But which model 9mm or .40? After looking around at local shops,It would have been total over 6 bills. I would have ordered online and ship to FFL. But every dealer within 50 miles wants to charge 40-50 bucks. Just was not in the budget after all said and done. Found out a friend of a friend, who was selling a Glock 23 Gen3. In mint conditon,not even 250 rds threw the gun. Came with 4 mags, case, lock and two holsters. picked it up for 400 bucks. No tax, no backround check, no transfer fee( I called and confirmed with the State Police Chief) just to be sure bc it sounded to good to be tru. I could not pass it up.
Looking at doing a 3.5 trigger mod and a SS guid rod. Maybe some night sights in the future. Cant wait to take it to the range... Thanks for all the help and info guys... appreciate it

are you saying your limited on how many guns you can buy? is that what your 3rd sentence is saying? please explain

are you saying your limited on how many guns you can buy? is that what your 3rd sentence is saying? please explain
Here in NJ , you have to apply for pistol permits. Its pretty much like applying for a firearms ID card every time. So I had two permits, which means two guns. there only valid for 180 days( if you get them extended) Usually only 90 days. AND I had to wait atleast 30 days in between pistol purchases... SO to answer you question, Yes Im limited to how many guns I can buy at one time.

The trigger techniques will really help. I wasn't enthused about the Glock trigger until I read up on it. Especially pay attention to the trigger reset. Instead of letting the trigger all the way out after each shot, let the trigger out until you feel the click of the reset in your trigger finger. The first shot the trigger break always seems spongy to me, but the follow up shots from trigger reset are really crisp.

Here in NJ , you have to apply for pistol permits. Its pretty much like applying for a firearms ID card every time. So I had two permits, which means two guns. there only valid for 180 days( if you get them extended) Usually only 90 days. AND I had to wait atleast 30 days in between pistol purchases... SO to answer you question, Yes Im limited to how many guns I can buy at one time.
You really need to get out of that sespool. You're also limited to how many rounds a magazine has in it. There really is no reason for it other than the posibility of people trying to take their right back.;) So many restrictions there and I think the speed limit is still at 55 max for the whole stae, isn't it?

You got a great deal on the gun!

You really need to get out of that sespool. You're also limited to how many rounds a magazine has in it. There really is no reason for it other than the posibility of people trying to take their right back.;) So many restrictions there and I think the speed limit is still at 55 max for the whole stae, isn't it?
Yeah I plan on getting outta here.. thats why Im 27 and dont own a house yet. Bc NJ is one of the great states that tax you if you are a homeowner that leaves this state, what kinda crock of shit is that. And yea 55 is main speed limit, 65 on highways.. After all said and done, I still love NJ , but I also HATE it.. Ill soon be a visitor to NJ and thats the best way to have it

You got a great deal on the gun!
Yeah been hearing that alot lately :p ... What sealed it was no tax or transfer fee's that can really break a deal. I goto school full time and work part time so money was a factor. Now just need some time to go shoot her.. Thanks for all your help with everything.. and everyone else who chimed in, Its really helped me out. . Now I got a buddy of mine on the earch for his first pistol, So I can pay it forward... Thanks again

I have theses grips on my Taurus .380
http://www.tractiongrips.com
they are the decal type grips
I also have the magazine sleeves which allow me to carry 20 rds. in my "little" G-26
(w/ a +2 floor plate)
the sleeve fills in the gap when you use a larger stock magazine
& for God's sake move here to Texas!
Do_O
Texas is too hot for the big guy ... haha . But if you have some hogs or whitetail's that need exterminating Ill come down for a few weeks, You to Charlie haha. Im thinking Kentucky.. But who knows.. When I get my future job, I will have tons a versatility where to work.. Hospitals are in every state

Man, I think I would sooner spend the money on a moving truck than go through all that in order to own a few guns. Having said that, I give you credit for going through all the BS and I hope you enjoy both your guns. Congrats!

Man, I think I would sooner spend the money on a moving truck than go through all that in order to own a few guns. Having said that, I give you credit for going through all the BS and I hope you enjoy both your guns. Congrats!
Thanks brick, Yea I know what I want in a home and it consist of 100 plus acres behind it. So I plan on waiting till I can afford what I want. But I lived in NJ my whole life, So Im kinda used to it. Id hate for everyone to have to go thru what NJ residents have to just to own a Pistol. Long guns are no sweat for some reason. but I plan on going to the range here in next week or so..

Yes he did! ;) Congrads!
Thanks man. Im just like the next guy, Love searching and finding them deals. I was told the guy sold the gun, But I asked him the day before I was going to get my M&P( which will DEF be my next handgun purchase)And he said buyer never showed up, Well needless to say I was their in 20 mins. I been trying to perfect my grip past week or so but I need some live fire to finess it a little more.. Thanks again bub's