My first dyno pull in the 86 t-type

johnnyttype

Dyno Run 86 Buick T-Type - 1320X - Grassroots Drag Racing - Fast Cars - Rock 'N Roll

100_0767.jpg

Had 3 runs, video of the first i believe, judging from the condensation from the tailpipes! Dyno sheet is 2nd run, exhaust was too hot for guy to hold A/F probe in tailpipe so it feel out!

1: 431.20rwhp 442.90ft-lbs
2: 434.71rwhp 439.80ft-lbs
3: 426.32rwhp 435.96ft-lbs (turned boost controller wrong way:p )

Let me know what you guys think:) Was done on a dyno jet. That's Adam Pritchett from Pinks next to the computer!

nice, im surprised that cams peak hp is 5500. i would have thought 5200ish. judging by the dyno i would shift the car around 5700ish. but thats a nice daily driver combo you got.

your torque seems low but good numbers all in all.... way back when on an extremely rich [9:1 at WOT:eek:] tune and not locking up i made 331hp and 428 tq.... i would think if i had made 431 HP my TQ would be in the 5s.....:confused: at least

if you look at the graph your peak numbers are when you either let of of the throttle or else you are really running outta fuel b/c your AFR is 18:1

^^^^^

just saw you said the probe flew out which would acct for the retarded AFR..... sorry

thanks guys, i could not believe the cam pulled as hard and long as it did! heads are only mildly ported in the bowls.

if i figure it out, i can post my powerlogger run. Thats how i got those RPM #'s. I locked the converter but after seeing my powerlogger data and calculating converter slip its pretty clear i made the converter clutch scream like a banshee! About 9% slip at 6000RPM.

I think the torque is low because the turbo doesnt spool until the low 3000's. Just look at where the peak torque occurs at 5200... seems a little late for a buick. I hit peak boost at about 5100RPM, only had 18psi at 4100!

Powerlogger file... i hope

Well torque mystery solved perhaps! After reviewing the log file i noticed that the guy operating the go fast pedal of my car, not me, an employee at the shop, was only at half throttle at 4500rpm's:eek:

76.9% duty cycle peak on the injectors.

Attachments

• dyno run.zip
    21.6 KB · Views: 33
good numbers, we have very similar combos. I recently dynoed as well on a superflow dyno (427/458 superflow). I put out pretty similar numbers. I also went to the track to verify the car was running well and it went 122 on its first and only pass. It could have gotten a bit faster with some more tweaking. Heres my dyno run to compare. There are dynojet conversion numbers overlaid. Its amazing to see how much more a roller cam adds rpm wise compared to my flat tappet.
DSC01708.jpg

yea, i was just looking at your post the other day and figured i would be around the same! I have done no tweaking to my car yet... chip is exactly as it came from turbotweak! im pretty proud of the car for putting down that power through the factory turbo elbow and two 3", "stuffy" flowmasters!

JD I think my my HP numbers might be close to yours, I'd like to see what it would be. My combo is stock motor, TE.66, FMIC, 50#'s, 3500 converter, alky, 3" exhaust and I ran 11.14@120 (best mph 123) :) Tuned with a Direct Scan and TT 93 chip