My first 9 second ride!

faster

I've driven fast cars before, driven a 9 second pro-stock bike 35 years ago when 9.2 was the record and my White T has run 11.22 and is capable of high 10's but today I drove a 9 second car! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend has been building his 66 Chevelle for the last couple of years and has been working the bugs out for the last 6 months. 406 small block with a blower and alky spray. Dynoed 725 at the wheels. We went on a test and tune and he turned high 9's breaking the tires loose on the launch, so there's more in the car. He let me make a pass. I launched it easy (1.9-60') not knowing how it would react, stabbed and steered and still went 10.18 @ 132 mph. Car is bone stock Chevelle, a street car running on pump gas with chrome bumpers and full interior.

Man all the racket in the car with the solid lifter flat tappet cam and the blower, can't even hear the radio.

You guys with street cars capable of 9's I envy you. My mouth is still dry and my right foot is still twitching.

Got in my T to come home from his house and it feels slooooow even though it was blowing the tires away.

Mikey

A 406 on boost? :eek:

Did he use an aftermarket Dart block?

What kind of blower?

What kind of heads?

A 406 on boost? :eek:

Did he use an aftermarket Dart block?

What kind of blower?

What kind of heads?

He's running an aluminum 400ci dart block, canfield heads and 12# boost with a centrifugal blower through a 1050 Dominator carb. He's also runnning a progressive alky spray over the top of the pump gas.

Mikey