My Dog Was hit by a car and died

6 beats 8

LIVE BETTER...WORK UNION!
Sunday night I took my dog Rocky (Rottweiler) out in the back yard to go to the bathroom, as I was bringing him in, He saw a man walking his dog on the other side of the street. He took off and got hit by a car very hard. We took him to the vet hospitol and he died on the operating table. Rocky was never on a leash and always listened to me. But not this one time. My Wife and I have no kids, and we owned Rocky for 7 years, so He was like a child to us. I just had to share my sorrow with someone. I miss him so much!!
Ray

Sad to hear Ray. I know it's very hard to endure. Only time will help you get over it and feel better.

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!! Man that's terrible!!! I'm so sorry to hear that!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( The dogs are better than people, nothin fake about em.

Sorry to hear that Ray. I feel your grief. Many years ago, I took my (actually she was my mom's) dog Shadow out to play in the snow. I opened the gate to the yard and she bolted down the driveway (that dogs had an endless supply of energy). When she got to the bottom of the driveway, she slammed on the brakes because she knew not to go in the street. Well the bottom of the driveway was icey (packed snow) and she wiped out and slid into the street right in front of a car. She got hit and run over. She died right there in my arms. Can't tell you how much that hurt. Having to tell my mother what happened. Feeling like it was my fault and all. It was a rough few days, but like always, time heals all wounds. Hang in there. I know it's tough now, but the pain does subside in time.

I love dogs, man I am sorry to hear about your loss. One of my best friends has a German Rotweiller named Bear. I take him a cheesburger everytime I go by, and play with him constantly. His favorite game is rope tug a war. I swear that dog loves me as much as he does my friend, they are great dogs. Once again sorry about your loss, and take care.

Jeez.. :(

That makes me sad to hear that too. If that was one of our dogs we would very sad too. Some people don't understand, but it's hard not to love something that is happy every time it sees you.

You have my condolences,

James

Ray
Last year i had to put our weimaramer pup to sleep,really hurt bad cause he never got to grow up.I can tell you gave Rocky a good home and i feel your pain.:( Sorry for your loss.
I swore i would never have another dog but i now have 2 weimaraners Jake and Buddy they are 1 year old.

Bummer

Sorry to hear about your loss. We're still missing our poodle after four years....

Very Sad

Hi Ray,
That is very sad to hear about Rocky. I have a 2year old pup that i rescued. You really get attached in your daily routine of taking care of them. It will take time to heal, sorry to hear of your loss.
Take care,:(

Our condolences

Sorry man. We are as close to our pets as our children at times.
We are sorry for your loss.

The Toelle Family
WE4, Mrs WE4, Cupee

Bruce, Cindy and Kendra Toelle

Sorry man, I feel for ya...
I've had dogs all my life and know how hard it is to deal
with losing one, it's like losing your best friend.:(

We've been married for 10 years with no kids and our two
dogs are considered family members.

I feel your pain...

Sorry to hear about your loss:( I know how painfull it can be! I had to put down my mini Schnauzer "Dudley" last year. My best buddy for over 15 years:( It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do and will never forget the sadness of that day.

When the time is right, a new puppy that will bring much joy back into your home. A house isn't home without the unconditional love and friendship that only a dog can offer!

Best wishes, Vic

Rocky

I got to the gate of heaven yesterday
after we said goodbye.
I began to miss you terribly,
because I heard you cry.
Suddenly there was an angel and she asked me
to enter heaven's gate,
I asked her if I could stay outside
for someone who'd be late.
I wouldn't make much noise you see,
I wouldn't bark or howl,
I'll only wait here patiently
and play with my tennis ball.
The angel said I could stay right here
and wait for you to come
Because heaven just wouldn't be heaven
if I went in alone.
So I'll wait here, you take your time,
but keep me in your heart.
Because heaven just wouldn't be heaven
without you to warm my heart.

"Bags" Female yellow lab June 15, 2000 age 10
"Rennie" Female yellow lab September 29, 2002 age 12

I know the feeling as an owner of many animals past and present. I had my year old kitten killed by someone speeding up my street. When I called the cops they told me nothing they could do, they would send the garbage truck to come pick it up . We went looking for the car (even found one I thought was it and scared the hell out of an old lady) When we finally found the car I called the cops back the car was from some where not even close to where I lived (they ran the plate) I can assure you that he didnt get the car back home after coincidental damages.

Thanks Guys!!!!

My Wife and I just wanted to tell all of you Thank You for all of your kind thoughts. I am so sad I can barely function. The whole thing happened right in front of me, and I'll never forget him looking up at me as I tried to comfort him. On a happy note, today I went to a Rottwieler rescue, and adopted a male Rotty, that was neglected. His name is Sam. As soon as he came in he laid right in Rocky's bed. Althogh he will not replace my boy Rocky, I'm sure I will grow to love him just as much. Tonight will be the first night Sam will ever spent inside a house, he will be VERY spoiled the rest of his life!

Thanks to all of you again!
Ray, Jenna, & Sam

6 beats 8, way to go!! Sam will appreciate being taken out of a bad situation for the rest of its life. If its a little skittish, give it some time. It will blossom in its new surroundings.

My dad was a veterinarian for 27 years and I got to see a lot of stuff I wish I could forget. Giving an abused or neglected animal a nice home is something that will always give you and the animal a great feeling. Like I said, a lot of the time an abused animal will behave badly, but if you show them that you will take care of them and protect them they will change for the better. They in turn will protect and take care of you.

Originally posted by 6 beats 8
Sunday night I took my dog Rocky (Rottweiler) out in the back yard to go to the bathroom, as I was bringing him in, He saw a man walking his dog on the other side of the street. He took off and got hit by a car very hard. We took him to the vet hospitol and he died on the operating table. Rocky was never on a leash and always listened to me. But not this one time. My Wife and I have no kids, and we owned Rocky for 7 years, so He was like a child to us. I just had to share my sorrow with someone. I miss him so much!!
Ray

Sorry to hear that man.
My mother owned the same kind of dog and approx. after 7 years he died as well.
charles