my car is a pos

Lbraucht

i hate this car anymore i don't even like driveing anymore. i runs so bad i took it out today i was a dog it had nothing to do with it being so hot i got rid. amounts of knock ans when the boost came up it did not do anything it felt i had a NA 3.8. their was no power at all i know the weather didn't help but damm. monday it was running good. i really starting to think about selling it. their is nothing else i can do to it and i'm not spending another damm penny on this damm thing. no what i might do i think i'll build a 350 twin turbo or a 426hemi TT street rod 41 willys :cool:

be sides that do any of you guys would what would cause high knock at any boost and low timeing with 94. could it be my chip i have a caspers 8 pos chip for my 50# injectors i just don't know whats wrong i starting to think my motor is no good. it is rebuilt with forged pistions p@p stock heads some cam i'm not sure which one. maf translater cold air intake. the motor and the intake with the translater was done when i bought the car and it only ran a 14.4 and since i put the other stuff on i don't know if i made it worse or just mad a existing problem more noticable.
-Tim

i put four grand into after i payed 14 grand for car i'm starting to kick myself in the ass for this one.

It can't be as bad as you are making it out to be. I am sure you are exagerrating. That's why I did so myself. (Although my offer still stands).

I'm in NO VA, so I have been running in the same heat as you the last few days, with the AC running it's tail off. And I have to admit that I am surprised at how well my car has handled this dramatic weather change.

Before getting into specifics on your problem, dou you have a good scan tool? And are you sure your knock is legit?

A few more questions....

What is happening with your fuel presssure?

You say you have an adjustable (thumbwheel ?)chip. Did you try different timing and fuel curve setting when you were experiencing these problems/ results?

Did you chech for leaks in you IC and hoses?

How hot is your engine getting?

i have a scanmaster 2.1 and i don't ever hear anynoises when i get the nock so i think it is false i got 35# ounce and nothing happened. and even when its been colder its been the same way
-Tim

how would i check for leaks on the ic i don't hear or feel anything when its ideling but i'll check again. and when ever i change the chip setting i just get more knock i'm on pos.3 which has 18# of timeing at wot and i get all this knock and i have my fule pres. all over the place from 42 to 50 static and under boost it goes up same resluts but when the fuel pres. is higher i get a lot of turbo lag becasue its rich but still get teh knock. I'm going to get some racing gas and see what that does.
-Tim

35 degrees and your heads weren't bouncing down the highway!? Yeah, you've gotta have flase knock.

Check both your down pipe and your crossover pipe to see if they,ve been hitting.

If your engine was shot (ie. rod knock) you'd be hearing it, so I'd bet on the pipes. False knock will kill performance just as surely as the real thing. The computer doesn't know the difference.

While you're under there, you might also want to check the condition of your motor mounts.

We're overlapping on posts, here.

The race gas won't do anything for you, I'll bet. Just go to your local Delaware area Duron store and get 3 cans of xylene and mix them with 7 gal of 93 octane. If you can't run 18 psi on the hottest of days with that then you've eally got issues. (emember to use the Duron account number 11-72310 to get it cheap).

If your knock is false, it will still be there.

Before my brother got his H&R poly motor mounts he would get up to 90 degrees of knock :eek:
I would suggest buying a set of them, they make alot of difference. :D

i'm ripeing the whole exahust out and reinstalling it becasue the trial pipes were hitting the springs. i think i'm going to put another exahust system on the dp is fine its not hitting the frame or the control arm for the sup. i don't thnk its hitting the crossover pipe but i'll bouble check. and i just put on new hrparts motor mounts on about a week ago.
-Tim

That's interesting. I wonder if the pipes hitting that far back would register as false knock. Mine bang around some times and are irritating when they do it, but I don't think they are hitting in such a way as to fool my computer.

Any opinions(experience) out there on this guys?

BTW- How long have you had this car? Has it always had this knock problem or did it coincide with any mods you made? A cracked flywheel or loosend flywheel bolts is another suspect.

i don't know if i had this problem all along becasue i put my scanmaster on after i put the mods on. but when i got the car it had somework down to it and it only ran a 14.4 so i don't know i might of with P@P heads lt1 maf translater 16psi forged pistions and rebiult motor it should of went faster than that i think so maybe it did.
-Tim

There is not much room for that THDP. That seems to be the most common source of false knock. I had the same problem on my old GN. Have you checked the knock sensor. Hang in there these cars can be very tedious at times but when you get it dialed in you wont be kicking yourself. In fact the only thing you will be kicking is the competitions A**

have you checked the torque on the knock sensor?if not a new one...also i've got a couple 50# chips and my car won't be up for another 2 weeks or so,willing to let you try one to see if it is the chip or not...have you reset the computer recently?if not i would try...you know by disconnecting the orange wire by the bat.. for 10 secs or so...maybe that'll help...give me a call at 617-645-1668.
whenever....and stay cool its hot out!!!to damn hot to be messin' with this crap:D give me a call i'll try to help if i can....joel

Originally posted by Lbraucht
i hate this car anymore i don't even like driveing anymore. i runs so bad i took it out today i was a dog it had nothing to do with it being so hot i got rid. amounts of knock ans when the boost came up it did not do anything it felt i had a NA 3.8. their was no power at all i know the weather didn't help but damm. monday it was running good. i really starting to think about selling it. their is nothing else i can do to it and i'm not spending another damm penny on this damm thing. no what i might do i think i'll build a 350 twin turbo or a 426hemi TT street rod 41 willys :cool
-Tim
I feel your pain.I got 6k miles on my new motor and that frikkin' flat tappet cam is heading south on me.Car ran like a champ for the first 5k miles.Sorry to vent but it I'm p'd off.I've gone through the car inside and out, bought the best of everything except a good camshaft and now I'm paying for it.Just when you think you're done,you're not.:( Thank god I have a backup GN or I'd be in the looney bin.:rolleyes: :mad:

i have heard a bad coil pack can cause similar symtoms of no power, lots of knock, etc....if you have any friends with good running TR's you can do that easy swap to see if thats the prob...
just a thought....

i have a scanmaster 2.1 and i don't ever hear anynoises when i get the nock so i think it is false

The scanmaster will not make any noises if you have knock. Unless of course you have an audible knock sensor. I suggest you go here and learn what all your scanmaster readings should be:
http://www.geocities.com/rad87gn/tech/scanmaster.html

Then report back. Do you have an accurate way of measureing your boost via a boost gauge other than the LED in the dash? Also, your thumbwheel chip could be stuck on valet mode or another low performance setting. Start with the basics and go from there.

James

I think he is talking about outside noise of the motor pinging or knockin not the sounds from the scan master.....(cuz it doesnt make any sounds)

i have a brand new kock sensor in their and it was intsalled right it was 14 inch pounds i think or foot pounds i'll have tolook on my paper. i have a mew coil pack on their also the car before would pop and backfire anf bogg then i got that fixed. I know the scanmaster does not make any noises what i ment was in the engine i didn't hear any pinging or anything every time i get knock. I have a VDO boost gauge on their now. i can runn any where from 14-20# of boost and i get knock. When i bought the car i said befroe the motor was rebuilt and my dad said it had a cam in it and we didn't now which one maybe teh camshaft is no good could that cause anything?
-Tim