My 86 My First Posting

buickturboman

Got some dress ups like GNX wheels. Runs in ther 11's so far.

Attachments

• GN interior 1.JPG
    GN interior 1.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 195
Sweet, I would like to rig up something like that for my laptop. What did you purchase and did you do anything to the dash to hang it or is it just hung there by the vents?

Actually the plastic platform came from an old computer 'wrist rest' that had the cushion running across it and the plastic base that went underneath your key board. I just cut it to size. I attached aluminum l brackets to each side to make sure the computer wouldnt move. I got wide velcro from the local sewing store and applied to the bottom of the computerand underneath the plastic where it sits on the ledge above the radio as you see it. I made sure after time I removed the velcro to ensure that the sticky part was able to peel off and clean and would not do any damage.I kept it there for a year and it removed without a problem, but had to use some armorall cleaner to get up a little residue which was rather easy with a cloth.
I then cut 2 slots on each side front and used nylon straps with the plactic hooks I got from a camping store - REI and that hooked into the air duct just behind the windshield so there is no cutting or permanent mounting, great location and easy to see and it worked like a champ aon the drag strip. I got less that $20 bills and can remove it as if it was never there. :cool:

Cool, I am going to look into something like that. Thanks for the info. :cool:

Yeah man!
Nothing elaborate, cheap, clean removing and functional. Oh yeah, used gray spray paint to match, can't forget that can I