My 81

COOPER12

Here are a few pictures of My 81. I have more in the members rides area.
Charlie has been a great help with pointers and ideas.
Questions does anyone here have a 81 they rebuilt? I have heard there are differences with 81 and 82-83 but I am looking to try and get more info on my car.
Smog diagrams , wiring , really any info or direction on where to look for info. its all a great help.
I took off the hood and header panel. I am fixing the 82 panel I have and grill to put back on.
I have a moonroof motor and all the wiring coming from G Body Performance. I need to patch a few small holes in the floor ( not too bad)
Then I can do the exterior work and assemble the interior then move on to the drivetrain.
All the wiring appears to be intact as is the Computer.
The hood is gone and am waiting for the replacement hood and Gn seats to get here Friday
The paint is badly cracking on the hood but no rust there. Nothing appears to be under the moonroof assembly either
0811131633.jpg
0824131249d.jpg
0824131249c.jpg
0826131811c.jpg

Nice solid car.

You should be able to get a factory shop manual off ebay for cheap. That should have all the diagrams you need (it covers the turbo V6 well) . Good news on the wiring and ECM. I think that's the hardest part of an '81.

Great thanks.
I noticed on Ebay they are Selling Holley Remanufactured Ecm's just in case anyone needs one.