My 1987 GN

Stamos69

Here is my 1987 GN. This was my father's car for the past 17 years. He decided to "sell" it to me after he realized he had just ran out of interest and time. He was very active on Ebay selling TR parts for many years going under the name of "jerseypoppy". He and I put this car together with the best of his OEM parts he had laying around. It has nearly 100k on it, but you would never know. It was babied it's entire life, only seeing rain on a rare occasion when he was caught in a freak downpour. Otherwise it spents it's days in the garage covered.

Attachments

• IMG_1977.jpg
    IMG_1977.jpg
    801.1 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_4006.jpg
    IMG_4006.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 302
It amazes me how well these cars still look after many miles. Very nice car by the way.

Thanks guys.

This is the last one of ten different Turbo Ts, T Types, GNs and TTAs my father and I have owned over the years. When I got it from my father it wasn't running very well. My father was putting it back to stock after a mild build and it had a few minor problems that I had to chase down. It had been sitting in the garage covered literally for 5 years only being driven short distances to keep everything lubricated etc.

I have ditched the stock MAF sensor and upgraded to an LT1 MAF with translator and have a new Walbro pump with hotwire kit on the way. My plans are to keep it looking relatively stock, but with some sneaky upgrades. After having been out of the TB scene for quite a few years I have learned that the old Bosch systems, for as good as they were back then, are now relatively obsolete. Next on my list is WB 02 and Scanmaster to make sure the upgrades I plan on doing are performing correctly.

New recent pics.
One from a local cars and coffee event and the other an engine shot.

Attachments

• IMG_6853.jpg
    IMG_6853.jpg
    811.4 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_1463.jpg
    IMG_1463.jpg
    915 KB · Views: 168
Looks good man! keep plugin away on that beast, I wish my paint and body was that nice.
Thanks.

In the past two months I have installed: New aluminum radiator, 3" Cotton's DP, 46lb injectors, all new hoses, Walbro pump and fuel filter.

My next bonus is already spent on the next round! (and so it goes)