Mustang Kill

FreeBoost

This isn’t a turbo Buick kill as the Buick has been laid up all summer, but it’s still a good kill. This summer I was giving my son a ride in my twin turbo (I love boost) C6 Z06. We were traveling down Crowchild Trail, one of the main roads in Calgary when I notice a Mustang and a WRX playing games behind me. The WRX was way outclassed by the Mustang because when it got to me it was obvious by the rumble it was highly modified. When the Mustang got to me he lost all interest in the WRX, he was more interested in blowing away a Z06. You see, my Vette looks completely stock, so you could say it’s a sleeper, if a Z06 can be a sleeper.

Our first go was from 50. You can probably imagine the fate of the Mustang when I unleashed 800 hp from a rolling start. After about 3 seconds I was 3 car lengths ahead and way past 100, roasting the tires the whole time with a slight fish tail. After that little burst I figured the race was over so I shut it down. Well the Mustang caught up and wanted more (some people don’t learn). This time I really hammered it. And put about 10 car lengths between us. We pull up to the lights and asks what we’re running. Son tells him it’s a stock Z06. Mustang answers back “Bull $hit - A stock Z06 doesn’t smoke the tires like that at 50.” Mustang said he was running 600 rwhp.

The really funny thing was the WRX came buzzing up behind us like a yappy poodle thinking he was part of the game.

sleeper zo6? lol. i think this thread calls for some pics of your engine bay! :cool:

good kill. I bet that thing is unstoppable on the highway!

No such thing as a Sleeper Z06

Z06's are a force to be reckoned with and yours is just that one you don't want to run up on.
Pics Please

i think this thread calls for some pics of your engine bay! :cool:

good kill. I bet that thing is unstoppable on the highway!

If you've seen one twin turbo LS7 you've seen them all. Seriously, with the Lingenfelter set up the engine bay looks completely stock. All the goodies are tucked under the engine.

The fastest I've done is 305 kph (190 mph) and still pulling hard. The car had more but the driver's balls weren't big enough.