Mufflers

madhat

I have read on gnttpye.org about using Walkers or Thrushes...Walker is like twice as pricey...are both good construction? which one is quieter? Not interested in flow, just quietest muffler i can find(any other brand ideas are good too)...gunna do an electric cutout for when i want to run.

are they quieter than my stupid flowmasters? becasue Im looking for "ultra quiet sleeper style" mufflers

I'm still going to look into your previous suggestions because of the CHEAP part, but I would also like to find the quietest muffler I can, with no regard to flow as I will have a cutout pipe too.

Originally posted by madhat
are they quieter than my stupid flowmasters? becasue Im looking for "ultra quiet sleeper style" mufflers

hell yeah!!!

flowmasters sound good on bigblocks, thats about it imo.

the standard walker muffler(not the walker turbo)that came on the most cars with duels,or the stock replacement from walker if you have a single muffler

The hooker aerochambers that come with thier exhaust kit sound as quiet as stock, and not bad $

I have the 3" dynamax straight thrus and no cat and it is quiter than the 2.5" flowmasters and the pitbulls. Not to mention you really won't need the cutout with the straight thru muffs.