Muffler change

Brady

I have a flowmaster in the car now. I love the sound....from the outside. It drones like crazy at 2100 RPM, right where ya cruise at. Whats a nice sounding one thats quieter inside the car???

I had an old 2 1/4 ATR system with Dynamax Super Turbo's and they droned like hell. They finally rusted and I put on 2 1/2 Magnaflow (stainless strait thru) and the drone is gone and sounds great, not to loud.

I have a flowmaster in the car now. I love the sound....from the outside. It drones like crazy at 2100 RPM, right where ya cruise at. Whats a nice sounding one thats quieter inside the car???

Do you have the Flowmaster kit/exhaust where its the single muffler with 2 tailpipes?

i have the Flowmaster crossflow kit, and it does not drone at all. it also sounds like a stock muffler- even with the gutted cat converter. i was pretty disaapointed, considering how cool that very same muffler sounded in my 355 powered 71 Nova.
as for the restriction that everyone always talks about with Flowmaster mufflers, the motor became instantly more responsive and built bobost faster as soon as i put the Flowmaster muffler on. when i got the car, the stock muffler was blown apart, so i just cut the pipes where they went over the axle and drove it like that for a few months until i got the muffler. it is actually better with the "restrictive" Flowmaster muffler than it was with no muffler.

people who say just because its a flowmaster that it causes blcking in the exhaust is retarded. ALL and ANY muffler chokes a system, period. depending on the muffler itself obviously, for example flowmaster has a straight through muffler which provides 0 cfm restriction and 0 cores and 0 chambers, its just no one buys them because their stuck in a box that reads 'flowmasters sucks' on the wall in pink krayola cryan written 20 years ago. That was just an example to prove the point that muffler companies make a WIDE range of mufflers, not ALL flowmasters choke your system, race series mufflers - single chambered mufflers - outlaw mufflers. If you don't do homework on exhaust flow and cores inside your mufflers, the statement flowmasters suck never works. But after learning that statement is just for the newbies, you feel better. One would think that with exhaust info available for free online this commonly mistaken phrase and idea about flowmaster would go away, but the net has only seemed to make it worse. I have an outlaw muffler my entire arm fits through, and it has 0 packing material, and no 100's of holes for exahust to travel through in order to circulate through the packing material to reduce sound before it is forced back through those 100's of holes back into the exhaust stream via pressure attraction. Dont mind me if that doesn't make sense. I am very hungry and definitly not sober!

just remember cores and chambers is where the exhaust flow is going anyways, study these from the muffler of your choosing and its possible effects on airflow before you buy. Me personally I dont like sound packing material to be in my mufflers, and I dont like cores either being perforated or louvered for my cat's. just my 2 cents, dont listen to me I'm drinking, "VERTICAL EPIC" great double beer that taste like coffee, perfect for that saturday morning!

I have the Flowmaster kit on my 87 that Novaderrik mentioned...it does sound stock and my car,IMHO runs great. I am pretty happy with it.It was on the car when I bought it...but it still has the original intermediate y pipe on it and now it has lots of pinholes where the it splits off...I just bought a low mileage Hooker 2.5" system for $125 and hope to have it on soon. I actually hope its as quiet.