MSD Wires

fireberd350

I like the super conductors but hate Red. I found these Heli-Core wires but they seem to be 'cheaper' quality. Anyone have an experience with them? Blue fits my engine compartment nicely, but I'd also be interested in Black.

MSD Ignition 3186 - MSD Heli-Core Spark Plug Wire Sets - summitracing.com

I'd like to avoid Taylor or Magnacore as I've read lots of bad things on them. Plus they are more expensive.

Worst case I'll buy this univeral black 8 cyl set and attempt to fit my own. MSD 31193 - MSD 8.5mm Black Super Conductor Spark Plug Wires - JEGS

Thanks in advance for the advice. Steve

i just installed Kirbans repro high performance wires.They are grey and fit real good.I was done with red too,plus my Magnacore wires pulled apart when i took them off to change my plugs.$50.00 plus shipp. not bad.

I had Russ Merrit make me a set of black MSD 8.8mm wires and he did a fantastic job and was very fast. Length and everything was perfect! :biggrin: Pretty sure he can do whatever color you want that MSD offers. Matt

I used the Taylor Thundervolt 8.2. They are a bit more expensive, but I love them. I always ohm out my plug wires before I buy them and these were like 60 - 200 ohms per wire, where as anything under 4,000 ohms is supposed to be sufficient (stock apps). My car is a daily and they are great. Slick jacket so you can wipe them right off, and I am at 3 years and they still ohm out as new.

Taylor Cable 83051 - Taylor ThunderVolt 8.2 Spark Plug Wires - summitracing.com

Russ Merritt spark plug wires for our cars are the best in the biz, bar none.
Can be ordered from Russ Merritt or if you can't get a hold of Russ, they can be ordered from RJC racing, a supporting vendor of TB.COM.

Russ Merritt spark plug wires for our cars are the best in the biz, bar none.
Can be ordered from Russ Merritt or if you can't get a hold of Russ, they can be ordered from RJC racing, a supporting vendor of TB.COM.

X2 :cool:

I'm around a lot more now and can make them for anyone. The wires I make all have 100 ohms or less. # 1 which is the longest is usually 97-100 ohms. Not that ohms really matter that much but less is better than more. Black 8.5mm wire, Your choice of MSD or HEI (stock style) coil pack boots, Wire tied and numbered (optional).

Makin 10 more sets for Jason after I button up this transmission...

I'm around a lot more now and can make them for anyone. The wires I make all have 100 ohms or less. # 1 which is the longest is usually 97-100 ohms. Not that ohms really matter that much but less is better than more. Black 8.5mm wire, Your choice of MSD or HEI (stock style) coil pack boots, Wire tied and numbered (optional).

Makin 10 more sets for Jason after I button up this transmission...

Russ,

U got pm and cash.