Moving Radar

ya I have read enuff of his "stories" to see the writing on the wall :eek: They are goin to get ya sooner or later.. I am sure most of us have "been there and done it":wink:. some learn from it..some don't I can't understand what the crying is about :confused:

It's not that I haven't "been there done that".
I had 13 tickets and one license suspension before my 18th birthday and I've probably had at least a dozen more tickets since....
So I have definitely "...done that...";)

I've also learned quite a bit from it...
  • I've learned that speeding is illegal...
  • I've learned that running red lights is illegal...
  • I've learned that a rolling "stop" is illegal...
  • I've learned that accelerating through a yellow is illegal (unsafe speed...)
  • I've learned that street racing is illegal (I beat that ol' 68 Fastback Stang real good tho') and will net you a brief stay at the County Jail (even back in 1981)
  • I've learned that if you don't get a fix-it ticket for no sideview mirror signed off...it'll go to warrant and they will arrest you for it.
  • I've learned that if you are going into the US Navy in a position that requires a NATO Secret Security Clearance, if you have a lot of prior traffic tickets...they'll make you get lots of people...including the Pastor of your Church...to write bleeding heart letters of reference for you and then attach them all to a thing called a Waiver and you have to have a bunch of upity military types sign it off before they will let you in.
  • I've learned that if a cop see's you light your tires off and you tell the cop that it was an accident because of a bunch of dirt on the road where you did it, he will let you off if you run back (while he watches you and holds your license) to the spot where the dirt is and your rubber begins and bring him back a handfull of dirt...it worked.:biggrin:
  • I've learned that if a cop writes you a ticket for a rolling stop on a right turn at a red light, if you can show that the cop had a burned out headlamp at the time of the stop...the judge will dismiss the ticket:biggrin:
  • I learned that driving your dads truck in reverse down the wrong side of a road while attempting to roll miles off the odometer is illegal and that the cop will follow you home to make sure you get there safely...and then laugh at you with your dad while he tells him the story...:redface:
  • I learned just a few days ago that cops have something called Moving Radar...I should have known...I used to repair Radar Systems in Fighter Aircraft for a living so it's not a mystery to me....I was just surprised that the Cops were using such amazing technology. It's actually just a Doppler RADAR system same as the hand held RADAR guns and the RADAR Camera's that are out there, but it's fix mounted to the car and can run in auto mode so the Cop does not have to fiddle with it while driving. All he has to do is eyeball who the fast mover in the crowd is and...Gotchya...juts aint fair...:redface:
I've learned lots more...
Too much to list....

...but I've also learned that I really like to speed a lot and that I will get a ticket for it once every 2 years pretty much like clock work...

So in 2012....expect another post like this one....and the one I posted about this time in 2008....:redface:

I've also learned that I may never actually "grow-up"
My name is Tim....I'm 46...and a half...:smile:....and I'm a Speed-a-holic...

and the forum says.............

"Hello Tim" welcome to AA, er I mean ........

Just outta curiosity Chicken how much do you pay for insurance yearly?

Hagerty Agreed Value policy on the Camaro is $462/year with a 5000 mile policy and a $30,000 pay back if the car gets stolen/totaled somehow.

Combined rate for full coverage on the 87 GN, a 97 GTP and a 98 Landcruiser is just under $1K/year.

Since I space the tickets 2 years apart and go to traffic school for them, no points on my record.