motor oil in trans??

U ONT 2

HOW DO I LOOK BACK THERE?
hey everyone. I was out and someone stopped me and talking about my TY. Somehow in the conversation he asks me," what would happen if I put motor oil in trans?!" :confused:

I told him, you'd probably have some slippage problems. He then asked me how to fix the problem. I told him, you can try a flush or a fluid exchange. Might have to be rebuilt.

Did I miss anything? Will he have to get a rebuild? Or will a flush solve his dilema?

Never been there, but I'd put some cheap type F in there get it hot and take it easy. Let it go through the gears a few time then drain and replace at least two more times. It's going to be tough getting it all out of the converter so it may takes a few times.

I'd take it to a shop and have it exchanged and have a new filter put in after the exchange then have it topped off

but then again I've never had that happen. Knew someone that put oil in their antifreeze though, LOL

A decade ago a 50/50 blend of Mobil 1 oil and ATF was a trick used by many tranny builders to help autos live behind power. It was real common in auto Dodge trucks with modded Cummins. Now the trannies are better and so are the fluids.