motor mount and trans mount

natethegreat85

drive fast, take chances
the black beauty has been pretty good for me. you guys have helped a lot. besides the leaking of oil everywhere, a hose busting and antifreeze spraying all over my engine bay, and the occasional non-start...she's been a great dd.:wink:

this week i noticed a serious shaking of the car. thought it might be the u-joints, so i took it to stan hopkins driveshaft in dallas. u-joints are good, connects to the rear end good. he said the small amount of play in the tranny/yoke/driveshaft is normal for that our trans and that shouldn't be the cause. took a flashlight and saw the trans mount and the driver side motor mount is broke. done. quit. :eek:

found some mounts at oreillys for $10. going to replace these and see if it fixes the shaking. any tricks or tips for switching these out?

I would highly suggest going with the poly motor mount. When compared to a stock style mount you will be shocked at the difference in quality!

those looked nice. but my budget was somewhere between $1 to cheap. :cool: i was able to get some korean mounts and a rear trans seal for $30, so im happy about the price. whenever i get a different dd and pull the engine to do the rebuild, definitely go poly.

changed out the mounts and didn't do anything for the shaking. my neighbor called a buddy down in florida and described the symptoms. said it was "cobblestonin'" and shuddering. i put 2 tubes of lubegard shudderfix in with a half quart of tranny fluid and now it shifts like a champ and i have no shaking whatsoever. does this happen often to the 200r and the torque converter?