Motor for sale: 109 block,trw piston, GN1 heads and more. $4500.00 OBO

87silverbullet

I have a motor I picked up awhile back that I am trying to sell. I no longer need it since I sold my t-type and got an 02 SS camaro. A little history on it is that I picked it up out of Winter Park, FL awhile back. It was stated by the guys I bought it from that Cal Hartline built the motor. It came out of a wrecked turbo car hence why in the pictures you see that the pass. header is broken.

It has a stock crank with stock rods and TRW forged pistons. It has billet mains with ARP main studs. It has Champion GN1 aluminum heads and Scorpion 1.55 ratio roller rockers on top. There are RJC head girdles that hold the heads down for high boost. It also has ARP holding the heads down. It has a stock intake with a Hemco plenum and Accufab throttle body. It looks to have green stripe injectors which are 009's. It has a TE44 turbo that spins freely but I would get it checked out just to be safe. It has a double roller timing set and a hydraulic roller cam in it that I don't know the duration or lift numbers of.

There are still accessories on the front of the motor such as a/c compressor and power steering and alternator. If there is something I left out just ask me and I can look at and get back with you. If you need me to take a pic of something just ask and I will post it on here.

Now onto the price. I am looking to get $4500.00 or best offer. So shoot me some offers.

Attachments

• IMAG0003.jpg
    IMAG0003.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 692
  • IMAG0004.jpg
    IMAG0004.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 699
  • IMAG0005.jpg
    IMAG0005.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 691
  • IMAG0007.jpg
    IMAG0007.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 692
  • IMAG0009.jpg
    IMAG0009.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 691
I am real inrested could i get your number were we can talk i would like to now were you are i am in bowling Green ky i would like to took you thanks Brian

Just to let everybody know also, I never installed this motor in my car. The way you see it is the way I got it.

I am willing to meet anyone within a reasonable driving distance if you don't want to ship.

If there are any certain pictures that anyone needs just let me know and I can take those pics and send them to your e-mail.

I am Interested But I Am In Seattle ,sent me your number, I have some questions ?

thanks Doug.

i from jennings la about 4 hrs from you i may be able to come get it in the morning just call me at 337 523 1165 my name its t-boy

Just a thought for you if you know the guys name you bought it from why don’t you call Cal and ask him if he knows anything about the engine like cam profile when it was built this may help sell it. I would be interested in it but I would only buy it as a parts engine and would want to take it apart and reassemble so that it could be checked out. Something about an engine getting turned upside down that scares me everything from the oil pan getting dumped in to the engine. I’m sure others feel the same way but if you could verify the build with Cal it may help some of the fear go away.

Just a thought for you if you know the guys name you bought it from why don’t you call Cal and ask him if he knows anything about the engine like cam profile when it was built this may help sell it. I would be interested in it but I would only buy it as a parts engine and would want to take it apart and reassemble so that it could be checked out. Something about an engine getting turned upside down that scares me everything from the oil pan getting dumped in to the engine. I’m sure others feel the same way but if you could verify the build with Cal it may help some of the fear go away.

This motor was built before before Hurricane Katrina and I doubt Cal remembers building the motor. From what I have heard he has stopped building motors for awhile now and he mostly just sells parts and does tuning. I am not taking this motor apart, if a person is very interested I will take the front cover off and get the numbers off the cam and see if I can find what it is. I drained the pan before I took it off and I took it off while from the bottom while the motor was still upright. I am not new to this, I thought about that when I put it on the stand. I only put the pan back on after I cleaned out the pan of oil, so dust or anything else would not fall into the motor. I have a deal in the works but if it falls thru I will put fresh oil back in the motor and put oil pressure gauge on it and do a compression test and put it on video for all to see so everybody will be more at ease about this motor.