Most common reasons for boost to be limited to 15 psi ?

Chris996

I recently replaced my water pump, thermostat and radiator. Running great (and cool) but admittedly not a lot of driving around due to a hectic few weeks. Took her out last night and she didn't seem to have the same top end. Watched my mechanical boost gauge and see she is topping out at 15lbs. Before changing the water pump she would easily hit 20+ according to my gauge.
The specifics TE44, Turbonetics RaceGate, Exile electronic boost controller and Cottons FMIC. I had the FMIC pipes removed for access and the Exile wiring moved to clean up the engine compartment.
I've gone over the vacuum lines and silicone hoses for the intercooler and everything looks good. The TE44 is getting long in the tooth but seems too coincidental to be the turbo. I should note, spool up is still fantastic and almost instantaneous, just limited to 15lbs.
Just looking for ideas as the frustration of digging through an engine compartment was setting in.
Thanks

Double check all your intercooler hose clamps anywhere that you took it apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While you are in there look over your headers for cracks. But I'm betting it is a hose or loose clamp.

Ding, Ding , Ding!
After being sure the vacuum lines and intercooler hoses were in order, I rechecked and sure enough, loose t-clamp on the up-pipe.
A quick run and we're back at 20lbs.
Texas T and ScottHeidinger ... I f either one of you find yourself at the South Jersey shore, I owe you both a beer.