Morel Roller Hyd Lifters Noisy

I have comps 885's on a 215-220 comp roller and they are noisey to the point of some knock. could this possibly be the slope and profile of certain cams ?

I ment 3 or 4 treads showing on the top of the rocker and i have plenty of oil flowing to the rockers ,,,,if i do as cris did and go to .050 preload which i think is to much my rocker to valve geometry would be almost perfect

I ment 3 or 4 treads showing on the top of the rocker and i have plenty of oil flowing to the rockers ,,,,if i do as cris did and go to .050 preload which i think is to much my rocker to valve geometry would be almost perfect

How many threads are showing/recessed on the bottom side of the rocker??

My valvetrain is noisy too.......oh wait its a solid roller setup ;) Sounds like a sewing machine!:D

YES,I have read about valve geometry and i know that mine is off 2 threads (long)on the adjusting nut as per TD SPEC ,,,BUT will this cause noise or premature wear on the valve guide ...to remedy my my geomtry problem all i have to do is order a set off pushrods .100 shorter,but i still believe my lifters would be noisy.....am i wrong ???????.I NEED SOME ONE WITH A LOTS OFF EXPERIENCE IN THIS TYPE OF SITUATION

If the pushrods length is off it is going to be noisy, end of story. You cannot fix that with rocker adjustment.
Mike

The Real Deal Or Holiday Inn Special !!!!!

1) I don't care how long or short your pushrod is, it "must" be adjusted to bring the rocker arm tip into contact with the valve head period!!!! and with preload. Hopefully the set screw is in the correct area so that "oil flow" is not cut off to the rocker arm or binding occurs.

2) Most Buick rocker systems are "shaft mounted" and to get the "geometry" correct so that the roller rocker tip on the rocker sweeps back and forth across the center of the valve head; the height of the mounting shaft must be correct. If it is not than the height needs to be lowered or raised to get the geometry correct. Adjusting the pushrod length will not do that.

3) On non shaft mounted or individual rockers you would adjust the length of the pushrod so that the tip of the rocker sweeps back and forth across the center of the valve head which is ideal.

PS: Go to turbobuicks and see chrisgarrett's post about being stumped for another suggestion on why the roller lifters make so much noise.

Same set up as i had with the cc roller lifters ,,,,champions heads shorter pushrods had 8.200 went to 8.050
I assume you have iron heads, we usually use a 8.225 with the comp lifters, I just measured a set of the Morel and they are .175 taller at the pushrod cup so a 8.050 pushrod should be correct. Now you were already .025 under that + the roller rockers sometimes need a shorter pushrod. So it is no suprise that yours seem too long. I agree with Mr Brophy too but I know for a fact that wrong pushrods can make these cars noisy. I have set them up very quiet but usually thay make some noise, they will almost never sound like a stocker.
Mike
We have a tool that looks like a pushrod but is maked in .050 increments for measuring so you can get the correct ones right off the bat.

I Am Back,,,,,,started Car This Morning Valve Train Much Better,,even Nice ,must Have Purged Air In Lifters Overnight,,,but I Should Purchase Shorter Pushrods..(.050 ) For Geometry And Would Not Have To Put Two Rubber Gaskets Between Rjc Spacers And And Buick Valve Covers Adjusters Hitting Cover....what Is Your Limit On Preload Guys .040....they Are At .25 Now....

I have comps 885's on a 215-220 comp roller and they are noisey to the point of some knock. could this possibly be the slope and profile of certain cams ?
The 885 is a race lifter that is designed for .003 preload (almost none) they are going to make noise. If you preload them they do not work correctly and make more niose IME.
Mike

I have a 210/210 Comps Cam roller set i got from DLS and use T&D roller rockers too. Noisy, yes. But only in comparison to the silky smoothness of the stock setup. Give it some time and either it will quiet itself or you will get used to it.

Morel lifters

I just installed some lifters from TA last week. I had to change the push rods to 8.050 and set the preload at 20. It's not stock but it is very quiet. It reminds you of a after market flat tappet cam with GM lifters. I had a 210/205 cam back then. I'm using a 212/212 roller with this combo and 1.55 rockers. My friend and I took a day changing Rockers, push rods length,and differant preload settings. We couldn't get the CC lifters even close to what I have now. Not saying that the CC lifters are not good, but the Morel lifters are working great for me. It's nice to have a high 10 sec. car that sounds almost stock when you pop the hood. Hope this helps the one's that is thinking about making the switch.