Morel lifters and pushrods

PRyan

Hi Guys,

I am looking to replace my original MAF pipe that is starting to come apart and am wondering if anyone has replaced theirs with a black aluminum aftermarket pipe that still utilized the stock air box? I am trying to keep my car pretty close to stock and I really don't like the pictures I have seen of the reproduction pipes on Kirban's site. Kirban's has an aftermarket aluminum MAF pipe on their site that may work, but it looks like they don't have any in stock. I'm open to any suggestions you guys may have. Thanks!

it's not a good idea to use a hard MAF pipe together with the factory air filter box and the MAF sensor in between. GM used that FlexFab MAF hose to absorb the vibrations and movement of the engine. the electronics in the MAF sensor do not like to be rattled. been telling folks for some time to use the aircraft ducting - Aeroduct or CEET equivalent. Pete Tomka used Aeroduct for his cold air kit years ago. Purchase 4 feet and you've made 3 factory length MAF hoses. (nomenclature CEET-12 is three inch - 12 quarters) share one with a friend.

Aeroduct Ducting - Wicks Aircraft Supply Company

VENA MTD (CEET EQUIVALENT) FLEXIBLE AIRCRAFT DUCTING - CUT TO LENGTH | Aircraft Spruce

Thanks Grass Doctor and Ktbregal for offering up stock replacements. Not sure which direction I am going to go yet, but will let you guys know.

Hi BRAD_PADGETT, thanks for the post. Do you have a picture of what this looks like on your car? I'm curious if it looks like stock.

I removed the string that used to wrap the pipe. I also do not mind the printed aeroduct on the tube, You can paint the pipe if you wish. Extremly inexpensive and works and fits perdectly. Look reasonable close to stock.
6C337855-BB8C-4360-9A67-2748DFB12C60.jpeg