more LT-1 Swap questions

Vendor Defendor

Out the window
well i got my friends LT1 that we are going to put in his 88 camaro sitting in my garage right now... what i was wondering is what year the engine is...

the numbers that i have found on it so far, (i havent ripped it apart are)

on the back of the engine... GM 57LG
SGI

and on the passenger side motor mount these numbers are there: 10188334 LT1 RH

any ideas?

here are a couple pics of the engine...

Engine 1

Engine 2

and i finally have a question...

what the hell is this (were studs are sticking out)?!

thanks for any help

neil

I don t know the year.....a couple closer up pics and I could probably tell......or narrow it down....I don t have a numbers book..........

The third pic.....thats the egr port that goes to the exhuast manifold.....if you reflash it.....you can just put a block off plate on there.....

Its from a cam/firebird.....

Get a close up of the tb/intake and fuel lines and I can narrow it down.......Did you get the oem exhuast? desribe the o2 sensors.....

Or get a number off one of the knock sensors

93-94 has an unvented Opti-spark. 93 also has different fuel rails and injectors along with no MAF.

95+ has a vented opti. 96-97 has a crank position sensor in the timing cover.

That should help narrow it down some.

You will want to make it a 94/5.....so you ll need an obd1 pcm for what ever trans you plan on using....4l60e or m6...if you want to go to a tv shifted trans thats possible too....

You will not use the crank position sensor....just leave it, and get 94/5 knock sensors....about $20 each....

You can get a 95 computer and have the resistance changed for the knock sensor. That's what MikeL of, then, Modern Muscle car did for mine. I kept my 96 knock sensor. I could switch between the 95 and 96 computer with out changing anything else.

Maybe MikeL could tell you where to put the resistor?

Rob

well we took the block to a machine shop and we discovered a crack in the block... but the guy i work for (who the kid bought the engine off of) is GIVING him another LT1 short block

what a deal, a long block and a short block LT1s for 300 bucks... seems pretty fair to me...

-neil