More Fuel Line Problems.

87we410877

Ok, so im going with the -8 feed and was told that anything less than a -6 return and you will not be able to lower your FP below 50 psi. So, i took off my fuel rail and it doesnt matter if i put a 2" line on the return, the FPR outlet is only 3/8" and inside the FPR looks slightly bigger then a pin hole. Is there some aftermarket FPR that i should be running for a -6 line? Anyone else done this and run into the same situation? Thanks.

I took my regulator apart and drilled the hole out to a larger size.
Then tapped it for a -6 fitting.

Most of the vendors have bigger pressure regulators with bigger return orfices. The -6 return is overkill unless you run a HUGE external fuel pump. The -8 feed line is also way overkill for anything under 700 hp. 700+ hp Sprint cars fun -6 feed lines to their fuel block and they run alcohol which requires DOUBLE the fuel volume and it has a higher specific gravity. The requirement for -8 or even -10 fuel lines is a carry over from the old days of low fuel pressure and carb's. It is not needed, and probably a hinderence in regards to the G-forces placed on the entire fuel column at launch which puts higher loads against the pump. The stock fuel lines have gone 9's before, and they have 4 places in the system that neck down to .247" (at every "B" nut for filter and connection)

Most of the vendors have bigger pressure regulators with bigger return orfices. The -6 return is overkill unless you run a HUGE external fuel pump. The -8 feed line is also way overkill for anything under 700 hp. 700+ hp Sprint cars fun -6 feed lines to their fuel block and they run alcohol which requires DOUBLE the fuel volume and it has a higher specific gravity. The requirement for -8 or even -10 fuel lines is a carry over from the old days of low fuel pressure and carb's. It is not needed, and probably a hinderence in regards to the G-forces placed on the entire fuel column at launch which puts higher loads against the pump. The stock fuel lines have gone 9's before, and they have 4 places in the system that neck down to .247" (at every "B" nut for filter and connection)

Hmmmm. So im putting a -8 feed and thats too much? I was told like you said by an old school guy to go with a 10. This is crazy. Nothing is simple with the friggen cars.