More alchy spray or less?

dthrock

I was wondering, when tuning in the alcohol spray, would it be better to start low and turn it up until your knock/retard was at zero or just turn it up until the car boggs and then down a bit? Is there any advantage to running more alcohol than it takes to get rid of knock?
I know this probably gets into the argument of if it is an additive or a fuel. Just the facts ma'am.

David

I was able to run a 108 chip and 21lbs of boost on 93 and alky with the stock stuff. Set the boost at 21-22lbs (if stock turbo) turn the alky all the way up, go for a 3rd gear wot blast. Turn the alky down until it starts to show some knock retard and then turn it back up a little. No advantage to running more alky than needed.

Mine actually knocks with too much alky as well as too little. Right now I have it tuned just right (hopefully) for 24psi. But I don't get on it for more than a couple seconds on the street, so who knows what will happen at the track. I was planning on going tomorrow night (Test 'n Tune) and Sat. (bracket racing), but it has rained the past 3 evenings, so who knows.:(

Black Beauty, keep one eye on the o-2's, and one hand on the pump speed knob. @ half track, be ready to add some! :) Good luck!