Monte SS kill

Matt McClung

Hotair guy who owns a I/C
I just took the GN out for a quick drive around the block and while I was driving, a car turned onto the right lane going the same way as me. When I got closer to him I saw that the tail lights belonged to a mid 80's Monte Carlo, so I pulled even with him and saw that it was indeed a SS and in very good shape. So we were driving next to each other for about 20 seconds ( I was waiting for him to make the first move), at about 55-60 mph when he floors it. He gets about half a car length on me then I punch it, I reel him back in and pass him, all the while I can hear his engine revved (sounds good too) when I got to where my back bumper was even with his front bumper, he shut it down. He was a very good sport at the next light and said he loves the way the turbo sounds. :cool:

back in 87 , i used to hang out with the older crowd, and this guy rod who worked for a shop in lyons did one of the first 454 installs on a monte ss. when they were done this car looked like the factory had done it. had ac cruise, larger gas tank and 323 gears. built for long highway hauls at speed. i never was and still am not a fan of the monte ss except for that one.

If it was maroon with a rat etched on the rear 1/4 glass I remember that car , they did a great job on that Monte

cool kill a friend of mine had a aero coupe that he swore i had nos cause there was no way i could beat him