** Mold Smell??

BuickTurboSix

Has anyone else had problems with a Mold smell in their car and what did you do to locate the cause and get rid of it? It isn't all the time, but I have had this in my car and can't seem to pin point it?? It seems to have started when I had the rear window resealed. But not sure. It is parked inside always, so I don't see how it could be moisture?? Do any of the window sealants used to set windows emit a smell similar to the mold smell.

Another area that seems logical, but I haven't researched it yet is the AC. I have read about mold issues in the AC vents, but again, no evidence to point me in this direction.

Anyone have any good ideas??? Thanks!!

Check the floorboard on the passinger side for moisture. Sometimes the heater core will start to leak and that is where it will start to mold. If its not damp on the top pull back the carpet and check under it on the floor board. When it starts to leak it will seep under the carpet first and soak it from the underside first.

A TIP: TRY THIS FOR MUSTY SMELLING INTERIOR

After you exhaust all other options and still find no mold or moisture from anywhere, here's a tip that I do with all my cars, and it really helps with the ones that rarely get driven.
Buy a box of good quality dryer sheets from the local supermarket and hide a bunch of them in different places inside the car. You can choose from a variety of different fragrances. I put one under both front seats, a few in the trunk, and cram some in the back seat crevice. I also put one in my glove box, stuff some under the dash... anywhere they wont be noticed.
My daily driver gets a lot of sun (like a big dryer on hot days!!) so I don't overdo it that particular car, but my 85T sees a lot of shade and garage time, and it has helped get rid of the musty smell that I could never pinpoint. It may only be hiding the stink, not getting rid of it for good, I know, but it has made my cars a lot more pleasurable to drive and when someone gauks inside my car in a meet, or show, I never hear "Whats that moldy smell?" anymore.

Thanks

I am going to research the Heater Core leak possibility. I have not noticed that sweat smell you get with those leaks, but then again, maybe I wouldn't with the other smells coming out. No film on the windshield either, but we will check it out.

Also, thanks for the dryer sheet idea. Something to bank incase I can't figure it out.

Keep the ideas comin!!

Tom