Modern Day Spring Cleaning and Mod list?

Clarkjg33

All,

Been into Buicks for quite some time. Dad use to own a Buick dealership in 80's and bought one new. I had a WE-4 in HS and my brother has a t-type. I sold mine years ago but just bought my fathers recently so wanting to get back into these amazing cars. I remember some write-ups(have the older one already) on Spring Cleaning and some write-ups on modding your car in stages to take it from stock, into the 12's etc and products suggested on the old gnttype forum. Does anyone have a modern day Spring cleaning list with newer products and a suggested mod list and things to do to a good running GN to get the car from stock into 12's and suggested products from vendors that are around today? Thanks and appreciate it....

i think it depends on whats been done to car. new fuel pump hot wire if you don't have one on already. also a modern chip such as tt and or baileys chips. if the injectors are original id replace them when ordering chip but youll also need an adjustable fuel press reg. it all depends on whats on your car and budget. some ppl might suggest a new maf because stock ones/reman ones take a crap, also maybe timing chain. you will also need a boost guage to say the least. fact one is usually off...

All,

Been into Buicks for quite some time. Dad use to own a Buick dealership in 80's and bought one new. I had a WE-4 in HS and my brother has a t-type. I sold mine years ago but just bought my fathers recently so wanting to get back into these amazing cars. I remember some write-ups(have the older one already) on Spring Cleaning and some write-ups on modding your car in stages to take it from stock, into the 12's etc and products suggested on the old gnttype forum. Does anyone have a modern day Spring cleaning list with newer products and a suggested mod list and things to do to a good running GN to get the car from stock into 12's and suggested products from vendors that are around today? Thanks and appreciate it....

If you like, you can call in and I will go over the things that you will need to get you to your goals.

Dave
516-285-1103

Thanks guys.. Currently the car has the 237 regulator, I have older Kenne Bell chips, older Hypertech Stage 2 chips, K&N air filter, walker superflo mufflers, the typical breathers on the car. Car has been this way since about 90's. As far as I can remember that is it and is on stock injectors, pump, etc. Currently in my garage and I have removed the intercooler and cleaning it and noticed radiator leaking(replacing) and valve covers leaking... Figured maybe do some stuff while its in the garage. I know I need a new MAF pipe, as previously said radiator. Car currently I also believe its needs the TCC solenoid replaced.

well if you still have stock stuff give Dave a call and he will def go over everything. Great guy and has been around these buicks for years. you might need a scanmaster also...