Mixing kits

tomard

80 Vette with a 4BQ
Ok guys I need some advice before I proceed ..... a couple of members have set me on path, but I want to make sure I get it done right this time .....

Before you say don't do this or that, buy this or that I have already purchased this stuff and it is already in tranny (kind of) :confused:

I have a SUPERIOR K14 servo, that the instructions says to:

NOT use a piston SEAL
NOT use the large spring

Then I have the TRANSGO shift reprogramming kit HD2, that when it comes to servo says:

USE their large spring
USE two gold washers (1 on each side of piston)
USE Piston seal

What I have now (no fluid in tranny yet, but it is up in car ready to go... so I will have to drop it down a little to get to servo, but I don't care, I would like to do it right before I fill, adjust TV and TEST:

NO Large Spring
NO Piston Seal
The Gold Washers

WHAT SHOULD I DO??????? HELP the deaf, dumb and blind, ie that would be me!!!

i would go with the transgo reccomendations verses the superior.never leave out the big spring,very foolish

Talked to Transgo about this today, and they recommend that I put back the stock servo and follow their directions ..... with their washers, spring and piston seal ......

What do you guys think about that, abandon the Superior K014 servo?

Talked to Transgo about this today, and they recommend that I put back the stock servo and follow their directions ..... with their washers, spring and piston seal ......

What do you guys think about that, abandon the Superior K014 servo?

Can you use the Superior Servo and keep the spring, seal, washers etc. like Trango's directions? If so, that's what I plan to do.

Transgo said they do not know what behaviour the Superior servo would have with their HD2 kit :confused: So I don't know what I am going to do at this point .....

I do know I have to drop the tranny down again, to do anything with the servo as I have 0 room now ....

Servo Piston Seal

Does anyone know the operational purpose of the piston seal, so I can make an educated decision on putting it in vs. leaving it off ?

Also, does SUPERIOR have any type of support line to get some answers from?

install just the superior servo and cover and use the original gn inner acc piston with the seal ,the 2 springs and the original pin