mixing denatured alchohol and methanol

truckindude

This might be a stupid question,just got the alky kit put on the car started out with a tank of denatured alchohol.I just bought 5 gallon of pure methanol,so finally my question,do i need to drain whats left of the denatured or can I just add the methanol to it?I am new to this just wanted to make sure I dont screw it up.Thanks in advance.

Shouldn't be a problem, denatured alcohol is a mix of ethanol & methanol already; meth is actually a lot cheaper
HTH,
D

This might be a stupid question,just got the alky kit put on the car started out with a tank of denatured alchohol.I just bought 5 gallon of pure methanol,so finally my question,do i need to drain whats left of the denatured or can I just add the methanol to it?I am new to this just wanted to make sure I dont screw it up.Thanks in advance.
Done it many times with the Alkycontrol kit with zero issues

There's methanol in denatured alky. it's made that way so you, won't/can't drink it and kill yourself, or bypass the damm revenuers.

That's why it smells so good, it's 96% or so corn liquor and the rest is methanol poison. :oops: