Mission: Stock TTA vs stock LS1

Swede2

I dont know anything!
Hi.

Does anyone of you have movies of a stock TTA against a stock TA LS1 ?

Or if someone with a digital camera have the opportunity to race against a LS1 and then put up the movie here would be great.

Daniel

I might be able to race my brother and tape it sometime but we're typically almost dead even and neither of us are stock. He's got heads, cam, and 4.11 gears and my mods are in my sig. If we had drag radials or slicks I'd tear him up out of the hole. It'd take me a little while to get the video and host it since I'll be at the TA Nats this weekend. Maybe I'll find a stock one Friday night there if it's not raining to beat up on.

72firebird said:
I might be able to race my brother and tape it sometime but we're typically almost dead even and neither of us are stock. He's got heads, cam, and 4.11 gears and my mods are in my sig. If we had drag radials or slicks I'd tear him up out of the hole. It'd take me a little while to get the video and host it since I'll be at the TA Nats this weekend. Maybe I'll find a stock one Friday night there if it's not raining to beat up on.

Ooops just realised I didn't have my mods in my signature on this board, I added them now.

72firebird said:
Ooops just realised I didn't have my mods in my signature on this board, I added them now.

Haha, just what I was thinking about yesterday to... "Am I blind or what, I dont see any sign" :)

Daniel

JOHNDEEREGN said:
I wanna see it to :biggrin:

Hey, your car is bone stock ? Out and get a movie for us lol

The reason to why I search after one of those are a discussion on our swedish TA board. The LS1 guys thinks the TTA is slower than what it is... Or maybe I think the TTA is faster than it is...

They think it goes 14.1 in 1/4... And then, some of them thinks a swedish LS1 goes 8.5 in the 1/8, wich is almost impossible on our tracks. I havent seen a STOCK LS1 TA drive faster than 9.00 in Sweden.

Also, they think our cars are slow on top, I know LS1 is a great highway car, but we are not slow on top either.

So some proof would be great to have :)

Daniel

Click here to see Video

I forget who's car this was at Woodward, but from what I remember the TTA was pretty much stock, just a K&N, somebody else knows I'd imagine. This vid was posted on LS1.com, you couldn't count all the excuses from the 4th gen camp.

1BADDAM said:
Click here to see Video

I forget who's car this was at Woodward, but from what I remember the TTA was pretty much stock, just a K&N, somebody else knows I'd imagine. This vid was posted on LS1.com, you couldn't count all the excuses from the 4th gen camp.

Thx Frank!

Maybe we can setup a race with a stock TTA against a LS1 from another board ? Would be fun.

Especially in the higer ranges like 60-120... As I said before, I dont think a LS1 walk a TTA even in those speed ranges.

Daniel

Frankowski,

I can't believe it! That's from the 2002 Woodward Dream Cruise. That's Jim Piper with me riding along. If you look close you'll see my straw cowboy hat. That TTA line up included JonB, Justin Jones, Dean Lambouris, Dan House and Glenn (can't remember his last name). My buddy Lynn Brown was in one of those TTA's also.

[Bird of Prey]i don't think this tta was bone stock!

Yes it was and I had tuned it before we went out that day. All he had on that car was a Scanmaster. Oh yea! And a new alt. belt.

Daniel,

Here's one!

Whoops! I tried to attach it but it won't work. Wrong file type. Sorry!

zerotta said:
I have a bone stock 6-speed 99 Z28... My TTA isn't stock though.

Hmm, do we have any stock TTA owner in the surroundings of you ?
To much to ask for I guess :)

Daniel

89ICBM said:
[Bird of Prey]i don't think this tta was bone stock!

Yes it was and I had tuned it before we went out that day. All he had on that car was a Scanmaster. Oh yea! And a new alt. belt.

Howdy Frank!!
Yep that was my old TTA (1415)
I had lots of good time in that car, I love when that video pops up on Ls1 tech or Cz28.com
To be fair I will say that the car had a Scanmaster, K&N, pit bull chip and an adjustible Fuel pressure regulator.
Not 100% stock but not very modded at all.

I have a video of my TTA(GT3255,KN, and MSD50s) 18lbs of boost. Stock besides that. Cat on the car too. Taking down my friends '01 LS1 SS with Longtubes, catback, and other small things. Both cars on DRs. Do you want to see it?

Sleepy said:
I have a video of my TTA(GT3255,KN, and MSD50s) 18lbs of boost. Stock besides that. Cat on the car too. Taking down my friends '01 LS1 SS with Longtubes, catback, and other small things. Both cars on DRs. Do you want to see it?

Yeah, sure!

Daniel

Howdy Frank!!
Yep that was my old TTA (1415)
I had lots of good time in that car, I love when that video pops up on Ls1 tech or Cz28.com
To be fair I will say that the car had a Scanmaster, K&N, pit bull chip and an adjustible Fuel pressure regulator.
Not 100% stock but not very modded at all.

QUE PAASSAA Jim?

Man! That was one cool time! Did anybody get a shot of us when we fanned out across Woodward? What was it, 5 or 6 side by side? Too COOL! Do you have any pics from those few days? If so, give us a link to see them. Oh yea! I'm still looking for that Tequila you liked, MAN! That stuff is as scarce as a toad frogs tail. I think it's only made every so many years. I guess that drunken pervert JonB sold his ride. I guess it didn't quite match his drag queen image! :D