Missing at #10 plus

Seeing if you guys know what might be causing this. When im at WOT after it starts building over #10 of boost it starts missing and poping. But once in a while it doesnt do it, and damn this car can move. Dont get to enjoy it to much with the missing. I have changed the coil to a 86/87 from nos4gn. Was going to wate tell i had the ign and adapter but my stock coil gave up. Going to chang plugs and wires. Trying E3's right now seemed to work good when i first put them in. Going to try NGK's next. So If any knows what else could cause this let me know. The check engine has come on a few times but with only a jumper on the obd port kinda hard to get much info. And the code seems to be gone by the time I get the jumper on it. Really sucks right now I have the powere to bet most of the cars into Besides the other GN. but with this problem I cant build full power.:mad:

With a stock hot air (especially stock chip, fuel pump, injector, etc.) you are probably getting knock. You need at minimum, a scanmaster and a way to check your fuel pressure while driving around. Could also be a failing MAF. Hard to say at this point without knowing what, if any, mods and diagnostic info. If you are jumping the ALDL to retrieve codes, the code is not gone. You have to count the sequence of Check Engine Light blinks to know which code is set.

Also, not sure how you are running a 86/87 coil without the proper adapter.

With a stock hot air (especially stock chip, fuel pump, injector, etc.) you are probably getting knock. You need at minimum, a scanmaster and a way to check your fuel pressure while driving around. Could also be a failing MAF. Hard to say at this point without knowing what, if any, mods and diagnostic info. If you are jumping the ALDL to retrieve codes, the code is not gone. You have to count the sequence of Check Engine Light blinks to know which code is set.

Also, not sure how you are running a 86/87 coil without the proper adapter.

#1 - Don't run it hard with the jumper in the aldl! That's diagnostic mode and built in safeguards are disabled, plus I think that runs the car in batch mode, not sequential... #2 - Gimmick plugs (E3's for example) are a waste and these cars hate them, AC-R43's are fine and recommended, R42's if you need a bit colder plug... #3 - +1 on the code... see what code is being set... it's still there.... read this: Malfunction Codes Reference #4 - You need a scantool of some sort.... to monitor your O2 voltage to make sure you are not going lean.... which you probably are.... which WILL blow your headgaskets in short order... if not worse.... Scanmaster at a minimum..... #5 - It SOUNDS, given the little info to go on, that the car is going lean under boost, which would indicate a weak/failing fuel pump.... you need to VERIFY that fuel pressure is rising 1 lb per pound of boost.... ie... if your base (vac hose off) fuel pressure is 43 psi, then at 10 lbs boost, it should be showing 53 psi fuel pressure.... anything less, and you are going lean.... ditto, at 15 psi boost, should have 58 psi fp... etc... temporarily tape a fuel press. gage to the windshield if you have to... this is CRITICAL!! (and quite possibly your problem)... if fp isn't up to snuff, STOP RUNNING THE CAR HARD! That should get you started.... let us know from there....
hth :smile:

Yes the car did the same thing with the stock coil, And I know how to read the flashing check engine light. Also I was tighting up I lose fitting were the air filter clamps on to the MAF and it almost complety stoped, sliped it lose again and it came back. So riddle me this how can just the filter being lose make it stumble and miss. Im talking about the filter to MAF, MAF is conected strong to the stock pipe to the TB.:confused: