Mishimoto Radiator

FrankL805

Hi everyone... I need to replace my radiator ( I was the guy with the leaky radiator at last weeks meet at Red Robin) and thinking of replacing it with a Mishimoto radiator (MMRAD-CAM 70). It seems to be a good performance radiator which is suppose to be a exact fit. Does anyone have one of these in their GN or have any thoughts?

Thanks, Frank

Last edited:
Thanks Paul, I like what I see... does this radiator require and mods, or does it drop right in?

either rad above will require you to run the trans cooler lines differently because the cooler ports face the engine and youll have to remove the oil cooler

for the trans cooler you can make and bend new lines to the couplers beside the battery
or easier is remove the couplers , get some 5/16 flare to hose barb fittings for the radiator , a couple feet of 5/16" trans cooler hose and four clamps .
the transmission cooler hose will slip right over the flared end on the stock cooler lines .. just push the nut back slide hose on and put a clamp close to the flare bulge

if you want aluminum with oil and trans cooler as the OE is ..
the griffin has cooler but it expensive (around 700)
alradco sells radiators
huefman sells these that have both coolers with ports positioned similar to stock location
http://buickgn.com/aluminum radiators.htm
http://buickgn.com/aluminum radiators - Super Hi Flow.htm

Last edited:
Mishimoto stuff is junk, failing all over the board on other makes/models.

Stick with something actually hand made in the USA not China, Alradco is on my list myself, run their Powerstroke items on my daily.

The Alradco radiators might be on sale for Black Friday if you call Peter he will take care of you can't beat the customer service. I got an aluminum rad in my car with just the oil cooler great fit. Price is excellent for the quality your getting.

The Alradco radiators might be on sale for Black Friday if you call Peter he will take care of you can't beat the customer service. I got an aluminum rad in my car with just the oil cooler great fit. Price is excellent for the quality your getting.

Thanks! I was just about to pull the trigger on the one from Hueffman, but I think I'll hold off until Friday and give him a call....Thanks again!