Misc GN parts FS - Valve cover, header, washer reservoir, rods, pistons, etc

Not as Advertised

BlackMagic - Shawn Ayres

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought a set of stock original 86/87 pistons and rods off BlackMagic - Shawn Ayres. They were advertised as in great shape, needing nothing. Well they were thrown in a box of foam peanuts poorly packaged; when they arrived the piston crowns were all beat up, from them hitting one another in the box. If that was enough, two of the pins were nearly seized in the pin bores, I had a machinist check them out & all rods (big end) need resizing, and 2 of the pistons pin bores are severely galled. Machinist said it was due to lots of detonation (also said they were junk, get your money back). I contact the seller (BlackMagic) immediately with the findings telling him I was very disappointed in the transaction. I felt like I was entitled to a full refund including my shipping both ways but I did end up offering to pay to ship them back to him. He refused to refund any of the shipping and also said he would give a partial refund (me eat shipping charges both ways) only after I shipped them back. I tried several times to work with the guy but he would not budge only offering a partial refund. I do not feel as if I should loss money because they where grossly mis-advertised. I would have not bought them if I had known they were in such poor shape & advertised IN GREAT SHAPE. I will try to post better pics showing them but other future buyers should be beware. I've got all the pm's sent & received saved.

Just to be able to use them it's going to cost…….
$42 to press all pins out
$70 to resize all rods
$40 to hone pin bores
$30 to clean up nicks from poorly packaged
$30 to rehang pistons on rods
$212 total and no guarantee that one will not crack when pins are pressed out.
No thanks I’ll buy a set of TRW forged

What would make this right..... is a full refund including shipping both ways and paid up front just like I did.

Immediately after there were concerns about the pistons/rods, I offered a full refund minus $12.50 it cost me to ship them. I'm not a machinist, but they came from a perfectly good running 72k mile engine when pulled (only problem with it was a wiped cam lobe, and I told that up front before they were ever bought.) The pistons looked perfectly fine to me and I had no reason to suspect any problems with them. Heck I sold the crank from the same motor and it only needed a polish job and it was ready to go. How was I supposed to know the pistons or rods had a problem? I sold them with good intent, and I already apologized for them not being up to spec. It's not like I need the money, and I was perfectly fine with refunding the purchase price minus what it cost me to ship them. I don't build junk and I don't sell junk, and this is an unfortunate situation we could not come to an agreement on.

signed
Shawn Ayres
AyresWeb.Com

BlackMagic & getchasum - would it be fair to say that since there is a issue with the rods and pistons,.. a full refund should be given back to the buyer, and if the seller wants them back, then he pays 1/2 of the shipping back?

Guys its pretty simple, they are not worth using as a complete set.

BlackMagic, you spent 12.00 in shipping and it wasnt included in the sale, are you willing to write these off and not ask for them back and include the sale price back with 1/2 the shipping funds back to you?

I am trying to find the medium ground where both of you can be happy

BW

BlackMagic & getchasum - would it be fair to say that since there is a issue with the rods and pistons,.. a full refund should be given back to the buyer, and if the seller wants them back, then he pays 1/2 of the shipping back?

Works for me....refund $71.00 up front and I'll return them, eating half the shipping back.

BlackMagic, you spent 12.00 in shipping and it wasnt included in the sale, are you willing to write these off and not ask for them back and include the sale price back with 1/2 the shipping funds back to you?

Works for me too.....

Works for me....refund $71.00 up front and I'll return them, eating half the shipping back.

Works for me too.....

I'll give this much. Send them back, and let me get my machinist to check them out. If he says they are as you described I will refund you $72.50 which is exactly what you paid for them + enough to cover your shipping cost to send them back. You will be out ZERO dollars on the sale/return.

I'll give this much. Send them back, and let me get my machinist to check them out. If he says they are as you described I will refund you $72.50 which is exactly what you paid for them + enough to cover your shipping cost to send them back. You will be out ZERO dollars on the sale/return.

Dude....I did not ask you to sent them to me for checking before I paid you. I bought them in good faith, they were as advertised. Did you not feel how the pins slide in the bores? I wanted and needed them to work, I wish they did, I"LL REPEAT - I WISH THE DID!!!. Do you really think I'm going through this bs for no reason. (look at what I've bought & sold on this board over the years, never, not once any bad feedback). Send me a refund and I'll be happy to mail them back and you can do what ever you like with them, have who ever check them or spend your money on them, I don't care. I know what I saw the 1st day I opened the box and I told you. Then had them check to confirm with my machinist (Morgan & Sons in Drexel, NC), so I'm complete. Will not set myself up to be out more money.

Either stand up & send refund or I'll chalk it up as a loss and leave this post here for all to see. Yes it's a small amount of money but it the principle.

...Either stand up & send refund or I'll chalk it up as a loss and leave this post here for all to see. Yes it's a small amount of money but it the principle.

You might as well chalk it up for a loss if you won't send them back first. I don't have time to keep going tit-for-tat over this, and I've lost patience at this point. I give up, you win.

You might as well chalk it up for a loss if you won't send them back first. I don't have time to keep going tit-for-tat over this, and I've lost patience at this point. I give up, you win.

Nope looks like you've won...You have my money and I have your box of CRAP!:mad: :mad: :mad:

And I'll be around this place a while...

Obviously you have poor comprehension skills. Re-read this thread.

I Will not set myself up to be out more money.

Either stand up & send refund or I'll chalk it up as a loss and leave this post here for all to see.

You may want to question and look up the term in "Great Shape". Better yet, hold a mirror in front of yourself to see if you can define character….you want see it.

You may want to question and look up the term in "Great Shape". Better yet, hold a mirror in front of yourself to see if you can define character….you want see it.

I am requesting this thread be locked, and left for all to see. At this point we are wasting bandwidth.

I am requesting this thread be locked, and left for all to see. At this point we are wasting bandwidth.

At least we agree but I like to add a request & that's you be banned form selling in the future to protect the members of the board.

Last but not least, not only if you buy junk from Shawn, you'll get it shipped to you like this.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• pistons 1.jpg
    pistons 1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 30
BlackMagic I tried to make this simple as possible....

Ive been down this road with other members, seller wants them back to send TO HIS machinist.. No reason for the BUYER to ship them back for you to check them out, they should have been looked at prior to shipping.
All this does is make the buyer pay shipping twice, and more time for you to sit with their money while you get it checked out.

This was pretty simple:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/2049510-post26.html

You need to make a refund to make this right.

BW