Mini-Starters

spoolna6

Can anyone tell me what car came from the factory with a mini-starter on it that will work with our cars (if it exist or is true). Thanks.

Chevy LT1 starter will work, LT4 is preferable but good luck finding one in a yard. Any V8 f-body from 93-97 will have the LT1, b-body(Caprice, Impala, etc.) from around 93-96 will have one too. The bolts are different from a stock GN starter, I can't remember the p/n for the new bolts but I *think* the factory bolts that hold the LT1/LT4 starter to the engine will work.

F-body and B-body LT1 starters are the same. Tons of LT1 cop cars out there. Be carefull on the 94-96 Caprices. The smaller 4.3 L99 SBC uses a different starter. It's the medium sized and not mini anyway. Just use the starter bolts from the junkyard car assuming its a self service yard.:)

Bolt #'s to use with the LT1 mini starter are #14037733 and #12338064

Hot Dog!!! I was going to go to the GM dealer and figure this out. These numbers are going to save me alot of time. Thank You.

I was going to look at Chevy impala bolts and check the threads to make sure they were not metric.