Mike Bamfords New Bowtie Syclone Engine

S2V6RACER

Banned
The Syclone engine is down at the shop and we were just having a meeting going over some of the details of the project before we get it dropped back in the truck. It is a DLS built Bowtie V6 with BigStuff 3 engine management with COP ignition and traction control. The truck has AWD and is used mostly on the street. We are shooting for the 8's this season. We are looking into bolting on a new Garrett 47/88 turbo but it's going to be a big job fitting it in there.

We are going to be having a custom air/air intercooler built by Paul Thompson, these trucks are hard to fit big intercoolers so this is going to be a real custom build.

I will post up progress pictures when they are available.

Attachments

• photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1,169
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,163
What a nice setup that is going to be! i love my Sy i just have to pull the motor and freshen it up. Keep us posted as I know ther are a couple of us that have BOTH quick 6 GM vehicles.

thats sweet im building a motor for my syclone right now n i need a bowtie block were can i git 1 call me at 609 6728311 o i have alot of parts like eagle rods

Nice, that looks very similar to the one that Mike Callahan has in his twin turbo RWD Syclone.:wink::cool:

The tranny is a Rossler prepped 210-TH-400. We have great luck with Rossler, never lost a race/point series and hurt a thrust bearing because of a tranny failure with his stuff.

I have heard about Callahans engine. This should be just as good if not better.

I currently have the motor out of the typhoon that i bought last fall. I bought it knowing that it need a motor but turned out that it broke the crank right after the frist rod on the crank with under 70K on it. i wish i have that motor to put back into it. What crank do you have in that motor?

i loved seeing a stock wheeled truck go 9s. are the stockers gonna stay on for the run to 8s?