Mid tens is nothing

Originally posted by sixgun86gn
I just went 7.17 in the 1/8 on 93 pump gas and 16#.Do you guys think I can run 10's?

If you are runnning those numbers with 93 and 16# 10s are only race gas and a matter of turnning up the boost, all else considering.
Do I need to come out to the next meeting at Redline and pour the gas in for ya. ;)

Originally posted by sixgun86gn
I just went 7.17 in the 1/8 on 93 pump gas and 16#.Do you guys think I can run 10's?

NOW were talkin!!

excellent job patrick!

can you post what the time slip looked like?

60ft
330'
mph

7.17 @ 97 1.65 60'
330' 4.6375

Not too bad I think.This is the first time to the track with this motor so some tuning may improve the #s a little.A better launch and I think a 7.0x is possible.I ran a ls1 vette with a magnusson supercharger doing 7# of boost and he was doing 7.3s,not a bad benchmark to compare to.

Greg,if you do that then I can't disconnect the wastegate and try to compete with that doggone Duramax! LOL!

BTW Mike,do you plan on making the next redline meet?Haven't seen you around in a while.

My car ran 6.74@103.3mph in the 1/8th on the way to the 10.57@127mph I posted earlier. The 60 foot was 1.53 on an 8" rim with a 9" slick and no cage at the time.

It's funny how people - especially the 5.0 crowd - do ten modifications, each one is good for 2 to 3 tenths, and now they believe their 14 second car is 12.0 sec car. :rolleyes:

As I have always said, lots of people have 10 second cars ---- until they get to the track!

Sorry guys - only 11.7x @ 116 all street setup with 100 octane here.

Wow, I'm sitting here reading how this crowd questions people's authority to say they have a mid 10 car. Who gives crap? Did you build it for yourself or to flaunt to others?

Anyone feel that this somehow parallels the "crust" incident from some time back?

Why hasn't anyone objected to how unfair that some people on here run over 22# of boost? I demand clarification and that we ban those who's timeslip / estimation of timeslip, was made with non-conforming boost levels !! WHERE THE HELL IS MY GAVEL ??!!

YOU'RE OUT OF ORDER, HE'S OUT OF ORDER.

YOU'RE ALL OUT OF ORDER !!!

Nashty, You may have missed the point of the thread. I know you have a ten sec. car, we all do if we read the GM high tech with your car in it.
Just because you put together a 10 second combo, dosen't mean it runs tens. You HAVE to go to the track to prove it, especially if you are gonna advertise that to sell it.

No "crust" thing with me either. I'm not any better than the next guy. But I'm not one of those guys that puts a combo together and thinks that 'cause so and so ran 9.50 than my car runs 9.50. Hell if that was the case, then I'd be right there with Garcia.:)

Originally posted by 750H.P.V6
10.23@136

In a real full weight street car (3720lbs+) with driver.

That's nothing....

The fact that Neal DRIVES IT from California to Las Vegas, runs low 10's all weekend, and drives it BACK HOME...

Now THAT'S IMPRESSIVE! :D

There are 2 people I know who have 10 sec buicks... both street cars and both REAL NICE....

STG2LTD and 750HPV6... If there was any way in hell to come up with it i'd put down the 20K that Jason (STG2LTD's) wants for his car and 2nd motor....

Originally posted by TURBO 6
Nashty, You may have missed the point of the thread. I know you have a ten sec. car, we all do if we read the GM high tech with your car in it.

I don't have a ten second car anymore, I sold the black car.

I'm on the other side of this .When people ask me what my car runs I tell them what it actually ran.Then they ask what is done to it I tell them the truth and exclaim "no wonder you have 10 sec parts in your car"
THERE IS NO WINNING THIS ARGUEMENT.

This thread is very interesting. I understand everyones frustration. I have guys that tell me they have 10 second cars all the time but you know what the buick guys are some of the best 90% of them say what their cars actually have run. If you ever go to local cruzs or car shows that is where the BS really starts flying from all of the brand x ers.

I have a little bit different gripe. Ever since i ran a 9.96 at the 2002 GS nats and posted my combo, just about every single person that calls me to order parts (girdle) tells me all they want to do is simply run 9s all day long. They have read my combo and it is so simple. Then when they don't get that 9 sec timeslip on their first outing they get all discouraged.

I see it all the time. there is a local car, my friend Ryan's car. He races this car more than any one else locally. I do all of the major work on the car and aid in the tunning. We have the car tunned really good. The car has a basic 12 sec combo but runs high 11s here at high ele. Now all of the other local buick guys around here look at his combo and when their cars with similar mods don't perform the same as theirs they either get all discouraged or keep turning up the boost reguardless of the concequences.

Tunning is not just about the motor. it is about tires, shocks, air pressure, weight distribution, making the car leave right and straignt, converter efficency, learning how the car likes to be driven, ect. and most important making the car last to do it again next weekend. these are the things that people overlook when they build their cars. They seem to only look at the parts bolted on the engine.

This is how one should go about it IMHO. Set your goals realistically, if you have never run in the 10's before and don't know how to tune with the FAST system don't set your goal as being the fastest stock block car in the nation. just try running the best ET you have run. the fun in running these cars is trying to improve. It is always a happy day at the track when you run your best time. the more times you can do this the more fun you will have. this is what it is all about. Too much enphasis has been put on what to put in your sig on the net.

Well said Jason.
Very interesting post guys. I can relate to alot of what's been said here not only from the calls I receive every day at work, but also from personal exp. It would be nice to see an updated list of 10 sec owners/cars again. Who knows, one could be just around the corner from you.
Later...

Patrick Rubio
3755# 86 T-Type "RUQWKNF"
Best pass I've driven her too
10.07 @ 135 TSE class

You are correct Jason.My car runs in the low 12's no matter how much boost is being pushed.

Why because it has a totally stock suspension.

It doesn't matter if I am running 18lbs or 24lbs because all it does is spin the tires more at higher boost.

So now I am gonna do some suspension work on it and I am sure that 11's are gonna come with it.

That is after I beef up or replace the transmission. :D