Metallic Clacking...

darkfa8

- driving everywhere -
Clacking gone..now something else?

I've been working on this 83 T-Type that has a '85 Hot-air motor in.

It has sat, unmoved and drained of oil in my garage since the 28th of this past January.

Yesterday, I put fresh oil in (5qts. Castrol 10w-30) and a pf52 filter.

Tonight I got it started and the motor was eminatting a metallic clacking sound from the valve covers area. I checked inside the breater to see if oil was being spit around or coating.. and it didn't look like it was...

The Oil Idiot light was on.

It doesn't have a oil pressure gauge attached and I don't have one to attach to it.

Nonetheless, the car idled relatively well and put out a steady exhaust pulse. I haven't detected any other exhaust or fluid leaks. I let the car idle for about 5 minutes. Then shut it down, checked over things, then let it idle for another 5 minutes and backed it out of my garage, then shut it down.

I set the tps to .44, and static fp to 44psi.

This car has the 86/87 CCCI, ECM, Tomco MAF, blue tops, Thrasher 92 chip and practically new everything on the top end...(wires, plugs, o2 sensor, 180*F thermostat..etc..)

For more specific details and pictures of this project..

http://www.g-body.org/entre/83t/t_1.html

any help appreciated.

UPDATE: Today, I checked the fluid level and condition, both were good.

I then started the car and ran the RPMs up for several seconds.. the oil idiot light went out and stayed out, but I'm still getting this ticking coming from somewhere..i'm trying to pinpoint with with a screwdriver and a stethascope..

I took off the breather and put my screwdriver right on the rocker arm shaft to listen, and the ticking was coming from something there...

I revved the motor a little bit more, upto 2-3k 2-3 times and then the clacking went away...

I'm getting wisps of white-ish smoke out of the breather...

When I put it in gear and try and drive, the throttle response drops for s second.. and the motor will stall out...

I tried going over all the vacuum lines and areas, and i don't seem to have any leaks..

So, as of the moment, my scan data looks good.. 128/128 blm/int, gps is 6, tps .44... its not going into Closed Loop though..

I took the Coil Pack off to make sure it was connected properly to the module. I was reversed, so I hooked it up properly and then triple checked to make sure the plug wires were going to their rightful places.

BTW - I haven't hooked up the MAT yet..

any further ideas on why I'm getting a hesitation/bog when i get it into gear and give it some gas?