Merry christmas...lost brake fluid!

87NAT

In Between GN's
My early christmas gift was brake fluid under my regal last night. I used the search function and got a few ideas from earlier posts but I still want some fresh input. There was fluid on the headers, master cyl., brake motor, etc.. The threads I searched say that it depressurized and it was overfilled so it leaked from the resovoir cover. I have not added fluid to the car for over a year, why would it all of a sudden leak? Could it be coming from somewhere else? I watched the system as my wife pressed the brake pedal a few times with engine on and off, I saw nothing.

Of course I am not 100% sure that its coming from the cover. To answer any questions: the pedal feels fine(well as fine as these pedals get with these systems:biggrin: ), & the car stops pretty good. The only thing I have done different is put an alky system and I can tell you that I have used the brakes harder and more often in the last 2 weeks that all the years before:D

Any help is appreciated.

Having the bowl overfull is usually the most common cause of brake fluid getting all over the place. The passenger side of the bowl should only be a little more than half full when the acc ball is pumped up. This way, if the acc ball gets pumped down (depressurized) for any reason, the bowl doesn't spew all over your engine compartment.

The question then becomes, why did your acc ball get pumped down?

Check your fuses and run the diagnostic procedure to find out what's going on. Be sure to change any fuse with only the correct rated new replacement. Check GNTType.org on the brakes page to find the procedure.