Melted brand new coil pack, help!!!!

cabech984

I recently ordered an Accel Supercoil(42000 volts) from jegs. I replaced my old one because the #1 spark plug tip thing broke off of it. Is it possible that I got a faulty one from the factory? It blew the volcano out of a spot near the LF(if your driving the car) plug.

I havent checked but I most likely blew the coil module. I hooked up the pins exactly how they were removed. I have had my coil pack grounded the whole time. It was a straight swap that took a total of 10 minutes from removal to blowing the new one.

Any advice would be great. Im ready to sell everything and get an LSx 6.0L!

Been there as well. Mine happened after I removed the coil pack too. Maybe one of the wires grounded out which cause a continuos spark. Mine would smoke and heat up just with the key on. I replaced both the module and the coil and it has been golden since.

Been there as well. Mine happened after I removed the coil pack too. Maybe one of the wires grounded out which cause a continuos spark. Mine would smoke and heat up just with the key on. I replaced both the module and the coil and it has been golden since.

Where'd ya buy your module from? I think Jegs may warranty my Coil pack, idk worth a shot

Try to get them to. Otherwise I got mine from www.*********** as I didn't see the need to go more than stock. Most people agree stock is fine, and if it isn't then you have a bad power or ground going to the module. I also run a CCCI hotwire kit from caspers which helped with spark blow out up top which makes be believe I had a bad power or gound. This was before the coil went for me though.

Hm... dunno why it censored a website. maybe he is no longer a vendor here.

Well I ran to autozone, got a new coil module and coil pack. Installed everything, ran a new(now have 3 grounds) to the module. Tested my spark plug wires which were

1- .7
2- .5
3- .5
4- .5
5- .5
6- .6

i tested the duralast(autozone brand) coil pack and each coil tested 8.2k Ohms. I know spec is 11k-13k or whatever, but will it hurt anything by being lower?

Thanks,
Chris

i'm running a duralast coilpack also, and the towers ohmed 8.4k ohms, the car runs fine and i haven't had any problems.