Melissa's "secret" 9.94 @ 138.17 combo

Is the V4 modified in any way?

Trim on the turbo, and housing size?

Oh, and do you think it would be faster with a yellow top Optima? :biggrin:

I'm surprised Russ let you guys get away with that Optima battery in there, lol.

Going to be a nice night for some racing!

awesome ...

You have the GEN2 translator w/ the WB02 on the beast right?

Nope.... I'll let him tell you directly.... but I believe it to have the old translator (non + model)... and a LS1 MAF meter.... with an Eric Marshall chip....narrow band O2.....

To make power you have to do one of two things...

Have a lot of airflow or make a lot of cylinder pressure without detonation..

I believe they have both. Goes to show how much tuning is in the combo.

What was your boost and timing set at for these runs ???

thanks,
Brad

While I agree it would be intersting to know unless you have the same heads, compression ratio, cam, blah blah blah it does not apply to anyone elses set up. If they have a low compression, retarded cam set up they may have 30+ degrees of timing in it, and 30 lbs of boost, if somone else tries this with a different set up they will need a broom and a shovel. I don't know whats in there but I do know that it does not apply to other set ups unless they have all the same parts.
Mike

If I had something more than a stock 60k shortblock I'd be looking to match their performance. Or if I had balls I could try. Would be a serious way to out do them, 9.99 or better on an untouched shortblock. Better yet drive it to Reynolds then run a 9.99 with a stock shortblock. :eek:
Jason, see you in Reynolds!

To make power you have to do one of two things...

Have a lot of airflow or make a lot of cylinder pressure without detonation..

I believe they have both. Goes to show how much tuning is in the combo.

jason lets do that at reynolds ;) i got my ;) on ya afterwards.

Grumpy,

Are you using roller rockers or stock type rockers?

BTW, nice setup...simple yet deadly.:wink:

Forget askin about the tune up, you ain't gettin it....... Get out there and RACE!

NGK UR5 plugs gapped .030

Mike, 1.46 60' off the foot brake. We got them to work a little better than BG finally.

Car weighs 3534# and with Melissa's massive 120#s puts the grand total at 3654 race weight.

Russ you are the MAN

Great job on the car and that Melissa is doing a great job driving the car.

Grumpy, you should be proud. You guys got a great team. :cool: I'm sure 9.8's are for BG next year!!!

Oh Russ, BTW the Optima battery is the secret piece in my combo. Not the converter.... ;)