Meeting for 2003 race season

pcpony1

Paul G. and Ed Douglas has scheduled a meeting on Wednesday, October 16, at 5:30pm at Blaisdell Park. This is the park at the bottom of Kaahumanu Street. They want to discuss ideas for the proposed "Muscle Car" race series for 2003. This series will be for the domestic cars. High Tech will no longer be part of the Pro Import races. Join the meeting to share your ideas. See ya guys there. Aloha, Ernie.

I'll be there. It may be a late day at work that day, but I'll be there eventually.

Derrick

I'll try and make it. I need to kill 2 hours though... Hmm where in pearl city can I wait and have some cold beverages.:D

100 yards up the street is Elephant & Castle. Lots of hoochie bars in the area, but you might miss the meeting if you went to one of those.

Nice try John with where should I go. Remember I saw you in Sahara the other week.:D I'll be there after work... at the meeting that is;) Then maybe some beverages.

copy and pasted from speedhawaii.com

Okay, looks like I was the only one to show up from IS at the meeting. There was open discussion about what would help bring more people to a 4 or 5 event racing series. Ed Douglas and Paul G. didn't have a format planned and were looking for suggestions and comments.

Looks like the current "pro import" series with the mustangs running in "high tech" may stay roughly the same. For this "new" series, an outlaw class was proposed, and everyone there agreed that there should be a class of very fast cars to attract the crowds. Setting up the class requirements (min weight, tire sizes, etc.) is still under discussion.

Seems like most of the HFPC racers wanted the next class down to be a quick 8 or 16 format for power adders, single or multiple, with restrictions on tire sizes. Heads up of course...

Char (The Van) and I suggested there be a way to get the 12-14 second cars into this. Maybe not only brackets, but possibly an index format, anything to get some not-so-serious guys who really like racing to participate.

Ed also mentioned that he wanted a special event, some of the titles he threw around were an "East vs. West" or "Army vs. Navy" he wanted something fun that would generate interest in the series.

Anybody have any suggestions on a format that we'd like to compete in? Is there anybody that would run in a power adder class?

their format is also looking for a 4 yr race season with a special 5th race being a special race....ed thought of an "east vs west" race....domestics vs imports....

another racer suggested that we could also bring in maybe the top two of the best outer island cars to race with us....

Everything is still in the brainstorming stage. Like it was mentioned, they're looking at a 4 race series with a 5th special race of some sort. More people should come out to the next meeting to give input. As time moves foward, things will solidify. The current ideas are:

Outlaw Headsup: Outrageous cars with a minimum weight and mufflers.

No name Headsup: Power adder class with 10.5 tire limit.

No name Headsup: Naturally aspirated with 10.5 tire limit.

Index limit headsup

Anyone wanting to share ideas with Ed Douglas can email him at himonew@aloha.net.