mechanical newbie looking for opinions

tsaltario

Still learning!!!!!
Hey all, in another post in general turbo tech, I was telling everyone that I"m looking at needing to have my engine re-built. I'm planning to pull the motor in the next week or so, strip it down, and send to a professional builder up here. Had 2 questions.

1. Does anyone know of a reputable builder that knows our cars, close to Red Deer AB? (between edmonton and calgary)

2. I'm pretty green when it comes to engines, and I was wondering if besides re-building, what, if any upgrades should I have done while she's apart. I'm not looking for a 10 sec car, low 12's, high 11's is good with me, I just want to make sure the engine will last..

Here's my existing set up.

'87 GN
TE45a turbo
ATR liquid intercooler
55# injectors
THDP
hotwired fuel pump
Old non-progressive alky
TT chip
test pipe with full flowmaster exhaust
Stock heads/valvetrain/cam.
Might have a bigger throttle body too.

Thanks everyone.

Why are you running a liquid intercooler? Is this a daily driver? You should be able to run low 12's, high 11's with what you have. I'm running 42# injectors on a stock long block motor, THDP, TA49, stretch intercooler, and running 11.80's @ 113mph.

that's the way the car was when I bought it. (with the liquid intercooler). Supposedly my car is capable of around 12 with the bolt on's it has. I mostly drive around on the street, but I do make it to the track a couple times/year. I also have my water pump for the intercooler hotwired on a manual switch. When I've been hunting before, after driving for 2 hours, the liquid intercooler, and intake to the throttle body were both cool to the touch.

I'd get rid of that Turbo. Way too big for your current setup and goals. I have a TA49 and have ran a best of 11.59 to date.

Dannyo

If you find some one to do some tuning let me know I'm up in Bonnyville AB. I was told that Pro Stock in Edmonton is good. Not sure where it even is. There number is 780 453 6161. Is there some one in Red Deer that does that kind of tuning. I have a sds computer and a scan tool but am not sure what I'm doing. Let me know. my email is vipercolin@hotmail.com

Attachments

• Diablos 014[2].jpg
    Diablos 014[2].jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 181
  • Diablo01.jpg
    Diablo01.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 153
Cool, is that our 3.8 turbo in the lambo?

Anywho, I've heard awesome things about Campbell's automotive in Edm. (780) 452-3535. Nolan there built my friends Typhoon, and it is sick..(mid 11's on street tires) Craziest boost launch I've ever experienced..

I phoned and left a message on Campbells phone for mike hope to get a reply. Do you live in Edmonton I'll let you know when it's there you can go have a peak. It's probably the most detailed kit you will ever see. Now if i can just get some HP.