Mease or TH Downpipe?

ACLR8R

I am going to be getting a new downpipe and was wondering what the pro's and con's to each are. I know alot of people are running the Terry Houston. I have heard some people have clearence and puck issues with the Terry Houston, but it is good downpipe. The Mease looks like a nice piece as well though.
Just seeing if anybody has a preference to either and why.
Thanks

If you want to see a Mease DP, come by and take a look.

I have not had clearance or puck issues with either DP.

Thanks Nick I will try to stop by some time this week. Anyone else have any positive or negative experiences with either?

Mease, positive. Nice piece. Biggest problem I have is holding the boost down. Very efficient.

Houston- No experience, so I can't say.

Terry Houstan Down pipe!

The Houstan dp is a very nice piece,i have had 2 of them!
IMHO............the houstan pipe is less restictive because it has no ripples in any of the bends and the area around the wastegate puck has a larger opening for exhaust to dump out.
Agian this is My honest opinion.

2 mease pipes hit the heater core on two different cars, changed to THDP no problem. better yet i think the ATRS fit even better than the both of them.

I've had 3" Houston downpipes on all 3 of the TRs I've had in the last 8 years. Never any problems. Great fit.

My Mease pipe fit the GN better than the THDP on the WE4.

Both work fine now that I have enlarged the holes in the THDP and used studs on the turbos for easy install and positioning.

Cutting the heat shield bottom off also works well no matter what pipe you use.

NOTHING BUT ATR!

Originally posted by 49-blues

2 mease pipes hit the heater core on two different cars, changed to THDP no problem.

better yet i think the ATRS fit even better than the both of them.

For many reasons, the best choices are

ATR, then ATR, and ATR.

Re: NOTHING BUT ATR!

Originally posted by Turbonics
For many reasons, the best choices are

ATR, then ATR, and ATR.

I agree,ATR and Mease are both copys of the Terry Houston DP but TH is having legal probs,something about an underage girl and Mease is Mease(check out some of his/his brothers threads on the other boards,then decide if you want to buy from the guy). I hear that the Mease DP are the shiznitt though. I got my ATR from Bruce at Aggressive Auto. I know Bweavy at G Body Parts sells the Mease products. Both are advertisers here and both will go way,way,way out of the way to help you. Id trust either of em with my drunk sister. I beleive both are dealers for both DPs but Bruce always has the ATR products in stock and Brian always has the Mease products in stock.

www.aggressiveauto.com email info@aggressiveauto.com
www.gbodyparts.com email bweavy@aol.com

Tell either that Drew sent ya;)

Hey guys I did a search and decided to bring this thread back from the dead...I just installed a mease DP and it is a very nice piece I must say, but it is hitting the A-arm and the frame...I assume that motor mounts or beating the crap out of my new DP with a BFH are the only remedys for this particular problem.

On a side note I bought it from Bweavy and it was a great buying experience, he even took some old parts off of my hands to knock the price down.